2.25 | Deal With A Raizada

Posted on June 25th, 2017 | Edited on December 3rd, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R - 2.25 : D E A L - W I T H - A - R A I Z A D A . . . |

Aarav called him in an authoritative tone. "Dad."

Arnav glanced up and smiled seeing him, "Hey, Champ." He tried to hug him, but Aarav held up his hand, stopping him.

"Not today."

Arnav questioned with burrowed eyes, "What's wrong?"

"Why are you rude to Khushi?" Aarav demanded, dropping my hand and putting his on his hips instead. Arnav's eyes flickered to me for a second before looking at his son again.

"She's lying."

My lips parted at his audacity. How could he simply make that comment and pour the blame on me? "You're the one lying!"

Aarav put his hands up again, "Silence!" We both closed our mouths from further protest and then he continued, "Dad, I don't know her. But I know you. It's your fault this time, right?"

Arnav gaped at his son for finding blame in him, but even he knew Aarav was right. His shoulders slumped as he mustered up an apology, "I'm sorry."

Aarav rolled his eyes, "Not to me, dad! Say it to her."

Arnav looked at me and listened to his son, "I'm sorry, Khushi."

"Good, now hug."

Arnav drew the line at that, "Okay, that's enough Aarav."

Aarav sat on the chair with the grumpy look on his face and crossed his arms over his chest to show his disapproval. Arnav sighed, and knelt in front of him to try and explain, "Aarav, come on, I apologized na? I promise I won't do it again."

"When I fight with Jhanvi, you and mom always make me say sorry and hug."

I sit on my knees next to Aarav, "Is Jhanvi your friend?"

He shrugged his shoulder, "I guess."

"So its okay to hug your friends, right?"

He nodded. "But you're friends too, right? So you two can hug too."

I was hoping to distract him by talking about his friend, but I should have known. This was Aarav. Arnav's son. He couldn't be easily distracted. He was quick on his feet to turn the topic back to the two of us.

"I'll make you a deal, how about that?" I said, catching his attention. "If you can convince di to come with us to Rome, I will hug your dad."

He took a second to think about it. In that, Arnav whispered to me, "What are you doing?" I showed him a stop sign to wait.

Aarav nodded, making his decision, and held out his hand for me to shake. "Deal."

I slipped my hand in his tiny one. "Deal." After a firm shake, he sat up and ran out of the room to fulfil his end of the deal.

"Explain." Arnav demanded. I exhale. One Raizada stops demanding, and the other starts.

"Don't you want di to get back to designing?" His features softened and I take it that he catches on as to why I want her to join us in Rome as we shoot for the calendar next week. "Exactly." I said. "If all it takes is hugging you... then why not?"

"All it takes?" He questions my word choice. "You and I both know it's not just a hug to you."

I remain calm, unlike him. I even offer him a smile, "Arnav, I've already told you what I feel about you. A hug? That should be nothing in comparison."