3.2.5 | Lost Souls

Posted: July 12th, 2017| Edited: November 15th, 2019

Lavanya

-A week ago-

I don't believe him.

After everything, I would have thought he would know better than to run - or to do stupid things to push Khushi away. Last night, after he came back from taking Khushi out on a date, he had locked himself in his room again. He hadn't done that once in the past months ever since Khushi returned from Australia. Needless to say, I needed to know what had happened that he was behaving in this manner.

I knew he wouldn't talk to me right after, so I called Khushi to let him know and as I had assumed, she hadn't known where he had been till I called. I couldn't believe he had just left her there. He knew better than to be that careless or thoughtless. When I manage to get a hold of him, he is so going to get hell from me.

The next morning, he was gone before any of us had woken up. I had seen the shattered look on Khushi's face when she had come out of the room, looking for him. I didn't need to say it for her to know he had left. I offered to drive her back to Raizada house so she could change since she was still in last night's clothes. She refused, telling me she didn't want me to be late to work or for Aarav to be late to school. She called Armaan who picked her up and after taking Aarav to school, I drove to office.

Heading straight to Arnav's cabin, I twisted the doorknob only to find it locked. I rattled it, calling his name, but he didn't answer. I knew he was in there though. I threatened, "Arnav, open up! Don't make me call di and ask her to bring the spare keys."

Putting my ear to the door, I waited to hear any movement. I was hoping that ultimate threat would work for he knew di didn't feel comfortable coming in to the office. For years, she hadn't even been actively involved in designing any of the pieces, let alone entire lines. And if there is anything that one can count on from Arnav, then it's the fact that he would never do anything that would inconvenience Anjali or put her in an uncomfortable spot.

Thankfully, I heard the chair rolling. I straightened up and waited for him to unlock the door. After the door opened, he stepped aside and waved me in. Thinking I won this round, I stepped inside and started to walk towards the chairs to take a seat when he started to leave. On not hearing footsteps following me, I turned around and demanded, "Where the fuck do you think you are going?"

"You asked to come in. Not that I had to stay." He decided being a smartass right now was a good idea... even after I had used colorful language.

I folded my arms over my chest, narrowing my eyes at him. He still decided to walk out. Exasperated at his childishness and avoidant behavior, I muttered a few more choice words under my breath before following my idiot of a best friend down the steps.

Ofcourse, I can't run after him at his speed in these work heels. By the time I reached the ground floor, he thought slipping into the mens restroom would end my quest there itself.

Let me tell you something.

He thought wrong.

I am a woman on a mission and you just don't think you can outsmart them... or in this case, outrun them. Pushing the door in, I walked in keeping my head high. When I cleared my throat, everyone turned their heads in my direction.

"Everyone, out." I announced, my eyes staring straight ahead at Arnav who just looked mildly surprised at my bold actions. He should know I don't get embarrassed easily.

They looked between each other, failing to react as if they had lost their brain power upon encountering a female in male restroom.

"NOW!" I added with a steely glare and raised voice.