3.16.5 | Sweetpea

Edited on August 11th, 2020

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 3.16.5 - S W E E T P E A . . . |

"I can't hike... you do remember that?"

"Which is why..." I nodded my head towards the chopper overhead starting its decent to the ground.

She must have thought it was unrelated and just another chopper - while it was in air - and that it would just pass us by. Hence, her jaw drop. "What the hell, Arnav?"

"What?" I innocently raised my voice to be heard over the sound of the chopper.

With her hair flying in all directions, she tried to glare at me, but I only grinned. She couldn't be mad at me even if she wanted. She had to know me before falling for me. She had to know I do things like this for people I love. And, why the hell not? I earned that money. I could choose to spend it on whatever and whoever I wanted, however I wanted. Besides, she said yes to marrying me two days ago - making me the happiest guy alive.

That itself called for a splurge.

No take backs.

I had touched her heart by the grand gesture, proposing on the yatch, having all her closed ones there - except her parents because as much as I wanted to fly them out as well, it wouldn't be comfortable for her father to make that long journey and her mother wouldn't feel right leaving him to the care of hired help.

But, after having shared our celebration with everyone else, I had wanted to do something private for just the two of us. Our own celebration to mark the moment as a milestone in our lives.

Hence, this hike... which wasn't really a hike given the chopper. The point was, I wanted to show her this place and there were only two ways to get there. Well, only one given she couldn't put her body through the strenuous activity of hiking.

She pointed a finger between us, "You and I? We are going to have a long conversation afterwards on how recklessly you spend your hard-earned money."

"Mhmm," I replied, allowing her to think she had any say in it... or that she could change my mind and stop me from doing things for her. I had no intention of stopping. "Come on," I grabbed her hand and tugged her along, settling inside the chopper and strapping in.

From there, it was a quick 10-minute ride to our destination.

After we were dropped off, the pilot confirmed he'd meet us tomorrow morning when he'd come back to pick us up. Khushi kept her question to herself till we were left alone, "Why are we staying here till morning?"

I raised a teasing brow, "Don't you trust me?"

She bluntly replied. "No."

I laughed, slipped my fingers through hers and tugged her along, "Too late. You're stuck with me rest of your life - let alone till morning."

Tugging at our hands, she pulled back enough to stop me from walking and expressed, "Arnav, seriously, if you are going to be making these types of overnight plans, you need to give me some warning. You can't spring stuff like this on me - surprise or not."

I get that she might be concerned about staying outdoors overnight and other essentials considering she hadn't brought anything along with her. But what kind of a person would I be if I didn't think ahead before making such plans? I had already come by earlier in the day to set up everything.

Turning to the right, I pointed ahead in the distance. "See that tent? It has everything you could possibly need before we get back to the house in the morning."