1.16.5| A Hundred Times

Edited on April 30th, 2018.

| . . . C H A P T E R . . .  1.1 6 . 5 : A - H U N D R E D - T I M E S . . . |

R I D D H I M A . . .

I knocked on Khushi's door before pushing the door in and entering. She was on the bed, lying down and just staring at the ceiling. She turned her head to see it was me and then focused on the ceiling again. Softly, I let the door click shut behind me. she asked, "Come to yell at me too?"

Ofcourse, she'd know that I would eventually learn of what was going on - even if it didn't come directly from her. I exhaled before walking over to the bed and making room for myself. She shifted a bit to give me more space and I pulled the blanket over me as well.

"No," I quietly said, folding an arm back to support my head. "But I am hurt. Why didn't you tell me yourself, Khushi?"

"What's the point?" She mumbled.

I questioned, "Are you serious? Khushi, so much happened in last couple weeks and you didn't tell me anything. Am I not your best friend anymore?"

She answered, her voice still dejected. "Come on, Ridzzi. Don't be dramatic now." I swatted her hand in response and she winced instantly, rubbing the area and glaring at me accusingly. "Ouch! What the hell, Riddhima?"

I challenged, "Oh, now we are saying my full name, is that it? And let's not forget, you are the dramatic one. Not me."

She frowned blinking away but continued to rub her arm.

I requested, dropping the edge from my voice, "Khushi, please, can you just talk to me? I feel like you don't tell me anything these days."

"That's not true." She tried to argue.

"Isn't it? Khushi, I'm not accusing you here, but it's sort of the truth. I feel a stranger in your life these days. Almost since when we were still in India."

She turned her head sideways in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

I sighed before telling the part which I had kept to myself for months, "Do you remember the time when you went to Mumbai for visas?" When she nodded, I continued, "You asked Armaan to tell me you two were going to be away for few days but he "forgot" to text me."

Again, she questioned, "What's with the quotations?"

"Because he didn't forget, Khushi. He purposely didn't tell me."

She sat up to express her surprise, "What? But why would he do that? I'm going to beat him up."

I shook my head before showing herself the truth, "Khushi, stop. Don't you see? The day before, I'd let you go back to your place on your own."

Understanding crossed her face as she knew exactly which day I was talking about. The day that had rattled Armaan so much that it'd became the reason he'd spat such hurtful words to me weeks later.

I said, "Yes, that day. You didn't tell me about it, Khushi. You've been almost distant from me since that day... else I refuse to believe that you were going all the way to Mumbai and you'd leave it on Armaan to tell me about it. My best friend I know would have texted me the instant it happened."

"I'm sorry," she apologized lowering her gaze to her hands resting on her lap in shame over her past actions, "I didn't want to worry you."

I sat up as well, berating her for it but in a calm tone, "Khushi, do you hear yourself? Not wanting to worry me and all?"