3.22 | Ferrari vs Mercedes

Edited: September 8, 2020

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 3 . 2 2 - F E R R A R I - V S - M E R C E D E S . . . |

The wedding passed by surprisingly smoothly. I had been worried about Arnav's uncle but, surprisingly, he didn't say much compared to my one and only interaction with him in the past. He mostly sat with my dad even though my dad couldn't say much back to him in his current state.

And, the wedding night? Let's just say we didn't have one. We were just so tired from all the functions and the extreme socialization with all our dear ones around. And then I even had to fast the entire day as one of the rituals. It had been very hard not to be able to eat anything till the end of the wedding. It had just tired me more. And after, we had the reception and then making sure mines and Riddhima's parents got on their flight back to Shimla.

Somehow, we turned into a boring couple with a not so exciting wedding night. But, know what? We must have spent about two hours just laying in bed, talking about how our life would be in the future. And that had been enough affection for me.

One such discussion had went as such:

Arnav was slouched against the bed frame and my head was in his lap as he played with hands. Aarav's words had been roaming in my head along with a fear. Unable to stop myself, I asked, "Arnav?" He glanced down at me and I continued, "What do you think about kids? I mean, we have Aarav... but would you want one of your own?"

Arching a brow, his lips twitched up in a smirk. "Sweet pea, is that your way of telling me you actually want this night to be our wedding night."

I hit his knee as I rolled my eyes. "Can you not be cocky right now and ruin the night?"

He chuckled, sliding down in bed, causing me to shift up and rest my head sideways on his chest, perpendicular to his body. He inhaled through his stomach and as he exhaled, he answered. "I love kids, Khushi. With Aarav and Angel, you have to know that. So yes. I would want my own. Why the sudden question?"

I propped up on my elbow so he could see my face. "I don't know if I can be a mother."

His brows knit in confusion, "What are you talking about? You're great with Aarav."

I shake my head, "No, not that. I'm not saying I don't know if I can be a good mother. I'm saying I don't know if I can be a mother." I emphasized for him to realize what I was talking about. The crinkles faded as he did start to understand. "That abortion... it had been borderline dangerous. We hadn't found out early enough where they could just give me a pill or injection. It's why I have a scar from the surgery. The doctors had warned me... it might affect my ability to conceive in the future but back then, I didn't care. I was set on never wanting that. I ignored the warnings as all I knew was that I needed to get that abortion."

He pulled me towards him to kiss my temple. Grazing my cheek, he comforted my worries. "Then that's the end of it, Khushi. It's okay. I do understand under what circumstances you made that choice and I have told you before, I'd never blame you or judge you for that. We have Aarav. That's enough for us. For me."

I did believe him. Aarav would always be enough. Still, it bothered me. "Though what if I do want that now? Well, not now. But in the next few years, I think I might want to experience how it feels to be a mother."

"We don't know for sure that you can't be one, right?" He questioned in a soft tone and when I nodded, he continued, "Then if that's what you want, we'll make it happen. Go to the doctor. Do some tests. Whatever you want."