1.8 | A Dinner Invitation + Change of Plans

Dedicated to pup0331 . Thank you for subscribing to tapas and reading this story! <3

Edited on April 4th, 2018.

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 1.8.1 - A - D I N N E R - I N V I T A T I O N . . . |

Arnav asked as we reached our table, "So?"

"So?" I repeated in confusion. I didn't get the point of going over and asking him those questions.

"Does he still scare you?"

I looked at him as if he grew a pair of horns. "Ofcourse he does."

"Why? You heard him. He's such a friendly guy." He insisted.

I countered, "I think the word you're looking for is polite."

"Come on, didn't you see how he gave honest answers? If he was trying to be polite, he wouldn't have gone into details. He'd have stated numbers and stuck with one word or fragment answers."

"Dude, just hearing his opinion on some questions isn't going to change my opinion about him. I don't even know the guy." Even if they were honest answers, I can't know that he didn't lie. Arnav had lied to him about why we were asking questions and Harry believed it. Just like that, Harry could lie too, right?

"Wow, are you serious? Are you going to question everything a guy, any guy, does or says around you?"

"Well yeah, all guys that aren't Armaan, Angad or my dad."

He accused, "Skeptical and paranoid, aren't you?"

Angry, I stood up abruptly with my bag. "You would be too if you were in my place!"

How could he take this lightly and call me out on how I am behaving when he doesn't understand how difficult it is for me to even let him help me right now and talk to him when I don't know what his intentions are? He hasn't yet earned my trust.

"Look, I didn't mean it that way," he got up to follow me. I turned a deaf ear as I pushed the door to get out of the café. He falls in step with me, "I was only saying that you can't be so skeptical. I get why but if you want to move past it, you have to start somewhere."

"No, I know exactly what you meant. Thanks for trying to help, Raizada, but clearly this ain't going to work." I walked at a faster pace, taking short but quick steps in an attempt to walk away from him.

"Not so fast, sweet pea," he still managed to grab my bag and halt me effortlessly. "I already said you can't back out. I may not have the right attitude about things but I am not a saint anyway and I don't claim to be so I don't care. If I say something that offends you, feel free to offend me right back. But, just because it gets difficult and you hit a wall does not mean you quit."

"I'd rather quit now then make myself worse," I tried to leave but ofcourse his grip tightened.

"I'm not letting you walk away without even trying because it's ridiculous."

I attempt to free my bag, "Think what you want but it is ridiculous and I am quitting. I don't care what kind of person that makes me. I am letting it go. I accept this is how I will be and you should too."

"I want to show you something." Did he not hear me? "This weekend, will you come?"

I scoffed, "Honestly, Raizada. Do you ever listen to anything anyone is saying or do you just like listening to your own voice? I am not interested."