1.4 | Passing Judgements + New Year Resolutions

Dedicated to MouMaity <3. You're awesome & super sweet. Thanks a ton for all your support!

Edited on March 23rd, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . .1.4 . 1 - P A S S I N G - J U D G E M E N T S . . . |

Riddhima quietly entered my room. One look informed me she had something to ask that I may object. "What's up?"

"There's this New Year's party..." She got straight to the point and I could assume the rest. Kripa got word of this party and asked Riddhima to go along but she wouldn't go without me.

"Where?"

"Beach. Kripa says it won't be that crowded. Just our group and couple of other people. I'm guessing there'll also be those who'll come to watch the fireworks."

Yes, I imagine even if the party won't be crowded, the beach would eventually get crowded closer to midnight. I negotiate not wanting to hold my friends back from enjoying New Year's Eve on my account. "Just for a while?"

She instantly nodded, "Yes, whenever you want to come back, just say the word."

I agreed and asked, "When do we leave?"

"In an hour or so." She answered with uncertainty because she doesn't know how long Kripa will take to get ready. And, she usually takes her sweet time. "I'll get ready."

Once she left the room, I sat up on my bed.

I was going to do something I knew I was going to hate. Crowds meant too many people to walk around and there are always occurrences where people accidently brush past each other. As already established, I hate physical touch. I panic when someone merely invades my personal space - touching is out of the equation.

I flashed back to a week ago when I had my last panic attack. I'd woken up in my own bed with Riddhima next to me. She didn't say anything but I knew there was only one possibility.

Arnav.

He moved me to my bed and I didn't wake up. It unnerved me knowing he had touched me and I'd slept through it.

How?

I had worried how to face him but then I'd found out from Kripa that he'd gone home to spend the rest of the holidays with his sister. That eased my concerns but I knew he'd eventually return. The closer the day came, the more on edge I was.

I turned to one sure thing that could always calm me down.

I called Armaan and luckily, he answered instantly. "Hey doll! I was just about to call you."

"Why is that?"

He pointed out though I have a feeling I knew what he was going to say, "You haven't called in a week and I was worried. You call every other day. Something happened?"

Well... the one thing I can talk to him about without any holdbacks. "Kinda..."

"What? Are you okay? Are you fine? Why didn't you call me? You should have called me!"

His worry and anger was justified. I knew just how much he could get concerned for me. "I meant to... I just have a lot on my plate."

"What could be more important?"

I bit my lip pensively, "The fact that Arnav saw me like that? That he helped me? That he carried me back to my room when I fell asleep on the couch and I didn't even realize when or how? That he..."