3.7 | Happy Beyond Happy

Posted: July 2017 | Edited: January 6th, 2019

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . . 3 . 7 -  H A P P Y - B E Y O N D - H A P P Y . . . |

When I visited Riddhima in the evening, she said. "I want you to read something I wrote."

"Okay?" I asked, confused. I knew she wrote lyrics now and again, but it was Armaan who read them for her, gave her feedback. He was the one who put music to her thoughts. I didn't understand why she wanted my opinion. I was creative when it came to designing clothes, not music production.

She went to her room and brought her diary in which she wrote her songs. Opening it to a page, she forwarded it in my direction. Sitting on the couch, I read the title. 'Jeete hai Chal'

Kehta yeh pal, khud se nikal
Jeete hain chal

Gham musafir tha jaane de. Dhoop aangan mein aane de
Jeete hain chal

Talvon ke neeche hai thandi si ek dharti. Kehti hai aaja daudenge
Yaadon ke bakson mein zinda si khushboo hai. Kehti hai sab pichhe chhodenge

Ungliyon se kal ki ret behne de. Aaj aur abhi mein khud ko rehne de

Kehta yeh pal, khud se nikal
Jeete hain chal

Ek tukda haseen chakh le. Ik dali zindagi rakh le

Jeete hain chal

Hichki ruk jaane de. Siski tham jaane de. Is pal ki ye guzaarish hai

Marna kyun, jee lena. Boondon ko pee lena. Tere hi sapno ki baarish hai

Paaniyon ko raste tu banaane de. Roshni ke pichhe khud ko jaane de

Kehta yeh pal, khud se nikal

Jeete hain chal

As I read it, I couldn't help but connect it to myself personally. Wasn't it what I have been trying to do lately? Live? Let go of the past? Allow myself to be happy... to glow with positivity and stop being the gloomy self I used to be in college... to be rid of the fear set in my mind.

"So?" She asked.

I tore my glance away from the strength in her words and to her. She was looking at me quite nervously, and I could understand why. She wrote romantic songs. Her thoughts related to life and uplifting words were mostly kept in her personal journal. Venturing it out into lyrics was a new for her.

"You, my girl, have an amazing way with words." I complimented with a grin and her nervousness morphed into a smile.

"Thanks... but did you get what I was trying to say?" She asked, taking the diary and skimming through the words herself.

"It's everything I feel but wasn't able to put into words." She smiled in return, looking relieved I understood her meaning. I nudged her, "So, shown this to Armaan yet?"

"Not the whole thing." She informed closing the diary, "He read the first bit when I was writing it last night but then he left me be so I could write in peace. I'll show it to him today when he gets back from his shift."

"He needs to read this. He'll be so proud." Armaan had always tried to convince her to write songs with deeper meanings, but she was insecure to give it a try.

"Oh, by the way, he asked me to ask you this." She informed after few seconds of silence and changing the topic, "With Diwali coming, we were going to try and get a few days off from the hospital. Visit home, you know? All of us."