1.24 | Someone To See + Take Me Home

Edited on May 25th, 2018.

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 1. 2 4 . 1 : S O M E O N E - T O - S E E . . . |

Arnav opened the door to his room with a key and went straight to his closet. He opened drawers under his hanging clothes to look for these infamous pajamas for which he just risked my life for with that crazy driving. Not finding it in the first drawer, he opened the middle one and ofcourse, it was in the bottom one.

I just stood there as he got them and put them in his bag before going to his desk and from the very back of the drawer, pulled out a key. Walking back to the closet, he pushed his hangers to one side to reveal a safe behind it.

More than the fact that there was a hidden wall-safe, my eyes widened a bit at the cash I saw inside. Why the hell does he keep that kind of money lying around in a dorm room instead of a bank? He grabbed about four wads of them and put them in the bag as well along with some document file. From the transparency, I could only see they were some official, legal, documents. Lastly, he looked through three passports before selecting the one he needed and returned the other two to their place. Locking the safe, he hid the key in the back of his desk drawer.

Should he be keeping it there? I wasn't a thief but he'd just shown me where he hid it and the amount of cash hiding in the safe that it opened.

Then he looked at me as if he'd forgotten I was even here. "Uh... I'll be back," he settled on saying that at the end and closing the bag, left pulling the door behind him but leaving it unlocked.

I had no idea what to think as I pulled out the chair and sat there. My fingers dabbled on the desk as I hummed having nothing to do. I picked up a pen next from the holder and pulled the notepad from the edge of the desk to sit in front of it. I doubt he'd mind me using a piece of paper from it to doodle.

I thought about what to doodle before changing my mind to sketch out this design for an evening gown that I had in mind for days. I stopped hearing a sound and realized it was coming from the closet. More specifically, inside the safe.

I recognized his ringtone. Did he accidentally leave his phone in there?

I shook my head and dismissed it. I continued drawing the rough sketch before the image I'd seen while turning away from the safe flashed as an afterimage. My eyes narrowed at his hangers and curiosity getting the best of it, I walked closer to it.

It was a button up shirt that had caught my attention. I turned it to face me clearly and noticed the same fashion house's logo on its sleeve. This lot of cousins...! They seemed to have bought many things from this place. When I go to India next, I am going to have to find out where they are located. I was ready to turn away when I touched the next shirt. A normal tee but its fabric felt the same as the button up. It had the same softness and yet a sense of rich quality to it.

I reached for its inside tag to find out what material it was. I didn't read what I set out for when I noticed the symbol on the tag. Same logo. I checked the next and the next, and the next till I was looking through every single of the hangers.

It started to feel weird. Every single one of his shirts was bought from the same fashion house as if he didn't wear anything that wasn't from that brand.

No wonder Kripa thought the shirt I had belonged to Arnav.

She must know it's all Arnav wears. I just never knew since he wears normal tees, not button-ups to college, and ofcourse I wasn't going around checking his inner tags then. With the brand logo nowhere visible, I couldn't have known.