2.12 | Playful Side + Seven Lives + Restoring Balance

Posted on May 30th, 2017 | Edited on October 29th, 2018

*Fair warning: you might catch the feels on this chapter as you read... so, you know, only read when you know you are in a good frame of mind(; *

| . . . C H A P T E R - 2.12.1 : P L A Y F U L - S I D E . . . |

"What do you want for lunch?"

Arnav looked up from making some changes in a file with a pen. "Why, are you cooking?"

I laughed mockingly at the absurd question. He was quite aware I could not cook. "Funny. You ain't that lucky that I'd cook for you. Hell, I don't even cook for myself."

He chuckled before suggesting, "I don't know. How about something simple, for once?" It was as if he was so used to having extravagant meals that he just wanted to remember what normal was.

I had the perfect take-out in mind. "You got it," I answered walking away from the living room and into the kitchen to place the order, leaving him curious on what I was ordering.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

Arnav bit into what was his sixth slice of pizza, and yet, he was still savoring the taste. "This has to be the best lunch ever."

I took a sip of soda, "You already said that atleast nine times by now."

He whined like a baby, "It's the truth!"

"Whoever knew it was so easy to please you? Really, all it took was a box of pizza and coke."

He rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Right now, I am willing to say I can have pizza every day for the rest of my life. That's how much I've missed eating 'em."

Now, that was news. "When was the last time you had pizza? Cause seriously, it's not that expensive to get - especially considering your bank balance."

He ignored my later taunt. "Probably the last week before graduating from college."

I harshly swallowed the bite in my mouth, "Wh-what? You can't be serious." Much to my disbelief, he nodded. "Wow," I exhaled. "You haven't had pizza in two years?"

He shook his head, grabbing his seventh slice. "Nope."

"Why the hell not? You obviously love it."

"Di is lactose intolerant and pizza without cheese is just not pizza so... Ever since I've returned, I haven't ordered it. I mean, she knows not to eat it but I don't want to, you know?"

I nodded, understanding. He didn't want to eat it in front of Anjali when she couldn't eat it. He didn't want her to feel left out. "So, she has no idea you love pizza?"

"No."

I felt he would continue but I beat him to it. "Well then, she shall never find out." I smiled, "Your secret is safe with me, pizza boy."

"Thank you," he replied gratefully and paused to take a sip. "So, I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"Your last day in Australia, you went to a club."

I remember he had asked me about that night once before as well. "What about it?"

"You said you don't drink and I want to believe you but it doesn't make sense. You bought a drink. And before you deny it, I know you did because you crashed into me. You didn't see it was me, but I saw you."