3.21.5 | Treasures New and Old

Edited: September 6th, 2020

| . . . C H A P T ER - 3 . 2 1 . 5  . . . T R E A S U R E S - N E W - A N D - O L D . . . |

Aman knocked on my cabin door Monday afternoon as Lavanya, Anjali and I were shortlisting the designs to include in the next catalogue for kids that Anjali was working on. I waved him inside through the glass door. He passed a smile meant for Anjali and I cleared my throat to get his attention. Anjali blinked away, embarrassed, and I had to hide my smile. Everything was finally looking upside for all of us.

I was getting married this weekend. Lavanya and Aarav were under the same roof as us. Anjali was finding her happiness too. I was sure it wouldn't be long before Lavanya would look past her life that she's built around us and let someone else in as well.

Aman hid a blush as he stepped up to give me a file, "The information you asked for on Irani house."

Finally. Accepting the file in a rush, I instantly skimmed through it. Lavanya questioned, "Are you spying on the place Khushi works at?"

Anjali chided, "Chote, that's a whole different level of control, you know? You were going to let her be independent, remember?"

I rolled my eyes while flipping a page, "Chill out, ladies. I'm not being a control freak or anything. Aman and I have been looking into them for an opportunity to collaborate on a project since October - even before Khushi decided to work there."

"Oh."

I flickered my glance between them to find a guilty look plastered on their face. I smirked, "I'll accept your apologies anytime now."

"Please." Lavanya scoffed.

Anjali softly chuckled before directing us back to task at hand.

And that's version of an apology for assuming the worst when they heard Irani House, but that's okay.

They're family.

Aman chimed in with his two cents, "Based on their upcoming projects, I think the one by Spades would be our best bet. To grow, we really need that project but with IH bidding on it as well, our chances may be slim to none."

"It's a good strategy." I agreed, until I faintly recalled Khushi mentioning her team working on this project. So, I shook my head, "But let's try finding something else. Something on a smaller scale. We already have enough going on with di's catalogue. I doubt we'll have the resources for Spade."

Anjali questioned, "Are you sure? Children's catalogue isn't taking up as much of our costs."

"Yes, but it will if we go for this and there really is no point in trying to do this if it'll make it difficult to complete our current projects." I pointed out other facts, "And Sam Irani is still new. We need to first understand how he works before trying to work with him on such a grand scale project. If it had been his father we had to deal with, we could have thought of it."

Lavanya offered a simple solution - if only. "Then find out what kind of a man he is. Ask Khushi."

"I'm not going to use my relationship with her to our advantage just like she didn't want to use her relationship with us to her advantage."

She threw her hands up in the air, "Alright fine, do what you think is best. I've to go pick up Aarav from school."

We bid her and even Anjali walked out after Aman making a lame excuse of checking on her order's shipment. I didn't call her out on it or tell her that she didn't need to make excuses for me because it wasn't as if their growing closeness was hidden from anyone. I proceeded to reading the file using a fine tooth and comb. Eventually, a plan formed and I picked up the phone.