2.20 | Date Night + His Girl

Posted on June 17th, 2017 | Edited on November 21st, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R - 2.20.1 : D A T E - N I G H T . . . |

Arnav entered his guest room that evening which I seemed to have made my permanent room at his house to see what a mess it was. His eyes widened and followed the mess up to where I was sitting in the middle of the floor. There were various materials of clothes, crumpled pieces of papers, different styles of borders all over the place along with magazines spread around me. I looked up hearing the door open. Seeing him, I simply went back to what I was doing.

"Um, what's all this?" He questioned, as if fearing the answer.

I turned around and saw the real mess I had created. "Oh, just walk around it. Why didn't you tell me that di's birthday is coming up?"

He hopped around the mess so as to not step on anything. "You know now, though it still doesn't answer my question."

"See, I was thinking. What could I possibly give her? She has everything, and what she doesn't, she could buy or you could buy for her. Then I thought, why not give her something only I can give her."

"This... mess?" He raised his eye brow and I squinted at him for mocking me.

"No. I'm making her a dress! Only... the problem is that I don't know her favorite color or what kind of dress material, styles and all she likes."

He chuckled. "I can help with that."

I grinned, "I was counting on that. Now tell me. I don't have much time."

"How about we clean up first?"

I looked around the room and nodded. "Yeah, probably a better idea."

With that, the two of us cleaned up the room, putting things back where they belonged and throwing away the trash in the garbage can. Then, I sat on the chair and with a clipboard in my lap, ready to note down all the things Arnav could tell me because I was sure I wouldn't remember off the top of my head later. Half hour later, I had a completed list. I smiled as I read over the pointers. This was definitely going to help a lot in designing a dress. As I read them, I was already starting to get a mental imagination of how the dress should look like.

It was after ten in the night. Arnav convinced me to sketch the design tomorrow and call it a night since we had to wake up early for work. Even though I was excited and didn't feel sleepy, I knew staying up would work against me tomorrow and I'd only feel tired the whole day. Thus, I didn't put up much of an argument and put the clipboard away.

Laying down on the bed himself, he asked, "By the way, what are you wearing tomorrow?"

"Huh?" I asked, my head blank for a second as the only thing I could repeat in my head was the fact that he was staying instead of going to his room.

"Don't tell me you've already forgotten our date."

I blinked away from him, starting to walk to the closet to find clothes to change into for the night. "Oh, um... I haven't decided. Why? Where are we going? Please, no where classy and boring?"

"The place is anything but classy and boring." He promised.

"Good." I went in the bathroom to change, somewhere confused whether or not I was okay with him staying.

Somehow, it was understood without us having a conversation that he would stay until I fell asleep. If yesterday was any indication, I believe he would leave once I had. It was a gesture I did appreciate. Having him around kept my nightmares at bay. For the last three weeks, I hadn't had a single occurrence, and I'd be stupid to not have realized it was all thanks to him.