1.20.5 | Doubtful Heart

Originally posted on March 20, 2017| Edited on May 14th, 2018.

| . . . C H A P T E R. . . 1. 2 0 . 5: D O U B T F U L - H E A R T . . . |

Opening the bedroom door, I walked inside and turned on the light to find Arnav lying down next to Aarav. Aarav was asleep but Arnav was just lying, staring at the ceiling with a contemplated look on his face.

I exhaled, shaking my head. Seriously, what is the matter with him? If he wasn't my best friend, I'd slap some sense into him.

Then again... maybe because he is my best friend, all the more reason to do it?

Placing my hands on my hips, I scolded, "What are you doing here?"

Instead, he scolded me back by placing his finger on his lips. "Shh! Do you want to wake him up or what? It took me forever to get him to sleep!"

Rolling my eyes, I walked over, grabbed his wrist, made him stand up, and dragged him out of the room so we can talk. He was using Aarav as an excuse to not have this conversation but hello, does he not know me?

I could give him tit for his tat.

If it was in his nature to give people hard time, it was in my nature to keep testing people till they break.

Once I closed the bedroom door so Aarav wouldn't be disturbed, he continued his scolding, "What the hell, Lavanya? I was trying to sleep."

I scoffed, crossing my arms over my chest and demanded an answer, "No, the correct question is what the hell are you doing here, Arnav?"

He returned a dumb look, "Uh, I live here? Where else would I be?"

I slapped his arm for he was being ridiculous right now on purpose. "Arnav, I've had a long and tiring day and if you're going to do this and annoy me right now by pretending you don't know what the fuck I am talking about, then God help me, I am going to rip you into tiny, tiny pieces and feed it Anushka's, pet snake."

"Who?" He questioned - not the important part here to focus on!

"Arnav!" I yelled as quick irritation started to get the better of me.

"That's a very cruel thing to do to your best friend, you know?" He continued on the earlier part of my verbally violent outburst.

I glared him down till he cracked and stopped putting up this tough act in front of me.

Eventually, he did sigh and run his fingers through his hair in helplessness, "What do you want me to do, La? She is mad at me and obviously does not want to talk to me. Did you not see that I did go after her to try and explain everything? She walked away."

I challenged, "And you're going to let her? God, Arnav, yes, she walked away but it was also your fault. Did you think she would make it easy as pie for you? That you'd just look at her and she'd forgive you? Do you take her to be that weak-minded like the rest of the girls you waste your time with?"

He replied in defense for her, "No! Ofcourse not. She's different than everyone."

I explained to him that exact point in a calmer tone, "Exactly, Arnav. She is different. You have feelings for her and don't you know? Any girl you had feelings for wasn't going to make it easy for you. You've broken her trust. Her promises. You've hurt her. You can't make up for it by hiding her. You have to keep trying."

He asked in confusion, "But what if that only makes her angrier? Maybe I should stay away for now? Let her cool down."

"That would be a big mistake."