1.8.5 | Alone With Her

Edited on April 6th, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 1.8.5 - A L O N E - W I T H - H E R . . . |

Khushi said she wasn't mad at me but I knew she had lied. As soon as her eyes had fell on me, her jaw had tightened. After that, she didn't look at me at all. It did bother me. What had I done? It couldn't just be that I didn't tell her our plans had changed. I couldn't tell her when I didn't have her number. Besides, our plans hadn't changed too drastically. I was still going to show her what she needed to see.

I had to do something to talk to her privately.

Kripa asked once we had all gathered in the parking lot by our cars and luggage was fit in the trunk. "What's the seating arrangement?"

I jumped to answer, "It's 6 of us. Split 3 and 3? It's a long drive so might as well travel comfortably."

No one challenged the logic.

Ron asked, "How are we splitting?"

While they argued who didn't want to be stuck in a car for long hours with him, I texted Khushi. I had managed to get her number from Kripa's phone when she had been changing in the washroom while I had been trying to zip up her bag. She had left her phone on the bed and I had quickly copied Khushi's number. If Kripa found out I had touched her phone or that I knew her password, she was going to kill me.

Arnav: You're with me. - A.

After she checked it, she looked at me - challenging me to make her. I glared her down for I wasn't giving her a choice. She finally looked away, giving up.

I put an end to everyone's argument, "There's no way I am letting Kripa drive with you two jerks." As much as Ron and Jasper were my friends, I wouldn't leave them Kripa. I was well aware of their flirtatious nature and Kripa's rebellious side. The three together would surely end up in some trouble or the other that I would eventually have to bail them out of.

Best to put an end to it before it happens.

I added, "And I'm pretty sure Khushi will stick with Kripa."

Jasper feigned hurt by dramatically putting a hand over his chest, "No trust on us, mate? I see how it is."

I chuckled sans humor, "You'll get over it. Now, let's go. It's starting to get dark already."

Amanda, Ron and Jasper walked to Jasper's car while Khushi and Kripa followed to mines. Khushi proceeded to sit in the back when Kripa beat her to it. "Uh-uh. There is no way I am sitting shot gun when Arnav is driving. Especially when on the highway."

"Why?"

Kripa gave a baffled expression, "Have you not seen him drive? He drives way too fast and recklessly - as if he were driving on some stupid race track."

"I do not," I countered. Well... I did. Sometimes. The boring drive was just not for me. I couldn't handle driving in a straight lane for hours behind people who drove safely and as per speed limit.

But, I could see why Khushi seemed surprised and confused. That one time I had driven her back to the apartment, I had been careful to not over-speed or make it a bumpy ride.

One less reason for her to hate me, right?

Kripa answered in disbelief, "Tell that to someone who doesn't know you," and stepped in the back.

When Khushi was about to follow, I countered. "Hey, I'm not a driver! Someone is sitting in the front."

Khushi glanced at her friend who betrayed her easily, "Nuh-uh. Won't be me." She sighed and reluctantly got in the passenger seat. I walked around and turned on the car, pulling out of the parking lot with Jasper's car following us as I knew the way - they didn't.