2.4 | Under The Impression

Posted on April 03rd, 2017 | Edited on August 26th, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R - 2.4 : U N D E R - T H E - I M P R E S S I O N . . . |

AR Fashion House.

I stood outside the building where I was supposed to join next week. I made Armaan bring me here so I could see where the location was, how far it was from his penthouse which would now be mine and Riddhima's as well.

I was about to walk past the reception after walking inside when a female stopped me. "Excuse me, where do you think you're going?" I turned to the girl who couldn't be a year or two older than me in a knee-length, mustard yellow halter dress. Against her almond colored skin, the color popped. It looked horrendous. Cringe-worthy.

I answered politely, "I was just looking."

"Sorry, darlin'. This isn't a garden where you can stroll about. Unless you have a reason to be here, I suggest you leave."

I was in no mood to deal with such people, cranky from lack of a full night sleep - as was often the case with me. "Look, whoever you are, there's no reason to be rude."

"What's going on here?" I turned to another female dressed in a blue button up top and black skirt to go with it along with a fairly decent inch heel. The statement necklace and matching earrings completed the look with her hair pulled back in a crisp ponytail. Now she was dressed to be in a professional setting compared to this other girl who looked ready to walk into a club.

"Nothing, ma'am. Random people."

She ignored me for the time being while asking her subordinate - I imagine she was given she had been called ma'am. "Where's the file I asked for?"

"It'll be ready in an hour." The first girl replied warily.

"You have half hour."

She scurried away to get the job done. I had to say... I was a bit impressed. Her eyes turned to me and I couldn't shake off the feeling that I had seen her before somewhere though I don't understand how that could be as it was just my second day in Mumbai.

"Could I help you with something?"

"Oh, no." I answered, "I'm joining next week as an intern and I just wanted to see where I'd be working."

She nodded firmly and advised, "Don't get in anyone's way then."

I nodded back taking that to be a fair deal. She turned on her heels and walked off to her station.

I took a second to grasp in the grandeur of this office. Furnishing to the par. The interior decorating was quite impressive. It looked classy, as if a page torn out of a design magazine. Not only that, everything was neat and organized as if everything had its place and everyone went about their work day. Not one person sat idle in the long row of cubicles. It looked to be a high-pressure work place.

My eyes followed the stairs to a cabin on the top. I couldn't see anyone inside from down here but I imagined it would be the owner's cabin for who else would have their own room? There had to be other floors given the elevators but I couldn't wander in there.

I just needed to come here and convince myself it was a real place given the shady nature associated with being accepted to work here. I knew nothing about where I was going to be working. I figured I should do some research tonight.

Satisfied that it was more than a decent place compared to my imagination, I made my exit.

I took my time walking down the stairs when I noticed the scene in the distance where the car was parked. Armaan was standing in front of Riddhima in close proximity while she was leaning back against the car door. His hand was on her cheek blowing into her eyes. She tried to rub them and he swatted it off in a scolding.