2.18 | Right vs. Wrong + Last Night

Posted on November 16th, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R - 2.18.1 : R I G H T - V S - W R O N G . . . |

[Angad's POV]

"Good bye, Mrs. Khanna." I sternly said into the phone before pressing my thumb harshly on the screen to end the call. It was the last thing I wanted today, to have my mood ruined. But, no. My so-called Mother always has to call at the right time for the wrong reasons.

Today was Khushi's engagement. They'd all arrived in Shimla last night but I was too far gone to visit them then. As if nursing a hangover wasn't enough, she had to call to remind me of the deal we made whereby I have to start showing interest in 'family' business.

Getting out of the car, I walked around the back of the house knowing their back entrance was almost always left open, unless it was night. As soon as I entered, Armaan greeted loudly. "Khanna! You finally made it."

"Lower that voice," I grumbled at once, wincing.

He shook his head at me in disappointment, catching on to my hangover, and slapped the back of my head. "Are you kidding me right now, Angad?"

"I don't need another lecture, Armaan." I shut him off for I already had one from dear mother.

He sighed, gave me a look over, and took me in his hugs. "You look pathetic."

"Same to you."

He rolled his eyes, pulling back, and informing before I even asked. "They are upstairs getting ready; though I am sure it's mostly Basket trying to get Khushi to play dress up for one day."

I chuckled for I can imagine that struggle. My sympathies for Riddhima. "And where's the groom?"

"They insisted on staying at a hotel."

I questioned, "Why, this house too small to add two more people?"

"Five, actually." He corrected as we made our way upstairs, "Him, his sisters, a friend and that little one."

"Right. His son." I recalled Armaan had mentioned it over one of our phone calls. "I still can't believe that, by the way."

He shrugged, "Yeah, but Khushi seems to be okay so that's all I care." He nodded for me to go greet my other two friends while he disappeared in his room to get ready himself. The time for engagement was kept for 1 in the afternoon and it was already 11. Not a lot of people were invited, keeping it a small affair given Sashi uncle's health and not wanting to make it big and make it tough for him.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

"Knock, knock." I said while peeking my head inside.

Riddhima lightly scolded for I hadn't truly knocked before opening the door and saying the words, "Angad, you don't walk in when girls are changing."

I point out seeing Riddhima is dressed and Khushi is lazily on the bed lying on her stomach, "I don't see anyone changing."

Rolling her eyes, she gives me a quick hug before handing me the task, "Now you only get that lazy bum to get dressed. Arnav and his family will be here any second now and she is still off in her la-la land."

"I'm doing something very important, thank you very much!" Khushi defended as she typed away on her phone.

Riddhima placed her hands on her hips, "Oh, yeah? Like what?"

Khushi mumbled meekly, "Talking to Arnav."

"I give up," Riddhima said to no one in particular and walked out.