2.26 | Ghost From Past + Mother & Child

Posted on June 28th, 2017 | Edited on December 5th, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R - 2.26.1 : G H O S T - F R O M - P A S T . . . |

That evening, I was running late to meet with the group before we headed over to the photographer's studio. I asked at the reception where everyone was since I didn't see anyone around, worrying they had left without me.

The lady in her late forties replied, "They were here but the group just left. I believe it was only five minutes ago. If you cross the street, you should be able to find them."

Thanking her, I took off. I didn't know the address of the place they were heading to, or the name of the studio. I just wished that if I walked fast enough, I would see someone from the group.

Crossing the street when the signal turned green for walkers, I speed-walked. It was harder to spot them given as there were a lot of people on the street. Not to forget, it was Sunday and people wouldn't leave the opportunity to go out with their families. I walked around a group of family, where the lady was trying to silence her baby, who didn't look older than a year.

I ignored, reminding myself that I was here to look for them, not admire little baby-strangers on the street. People would take me to be a creep. I continued walking and a couple of minutes later, I spotted Payal going through a set of doors, which I understood was a studio. I signed and ran up to them, glad I wasn't wearing heels of any sort, but winter-boots.

She looked surprised seeing me when I entered in, "Hey, what are you doing here? ASR said you were jet-lagged."

Catching on to the lie, I replied, "Yeah, well, here I am. It doesn't sound fair that I stay in while you guys work." Spotting Arnav at the front, I continued, "I'm gonna go let them know I'm here."

After getting a nod from her, I walked up and hooked my arm around Arnav's, shocking him. First, he wasn't aware of who dared to hold his arm. Then, upon seeing it was me, he did a double take since one, he didn't expect me to do that, and two, I was here when Lavanya must have told him I was resting.

I chuckled, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Haven't I?" He replied, taking a second to register my presence. That earned him a slap on his arm. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Yeah, I tried. But it didn't work." I muttered. He picked up the unsaid words. When I looked up at him, there was a strange smile on his face. "What?"

He gave a sly smile and shook his head. "You probably shouldn't hold my hand."

I only shrugged, "I don't care what anyone has to say." Again, he seemed surprised at my casual attitude, and I couldn't blame him for it. "Anyway, what'd I miss?"

He filled me in while we watched the look-test of every model. Anjali soon joined, sitting in the empty chair. We started talking clothes and designs, looking at the magazine in Anjali's hand. Arnav did what he knew: tuned us out and busied himself with work on tablet instead.

Felix, the photographer, came up. He assumed, "You must be the designer. Felix Cinna." He introduced himself, offering his hand. I smiled and shook his hand.

"Khushi." When he proceeded to kiss my hand, I pulled it out of his grasp. There was no way in hell I was going to allow that, even if he was just showing some chivalry. "You have a nice studio here." I said instead.

"I do, if I say so myself," He grinned, obviously proud what he had done to the place.

Arnav nodded at him, "Felix."