1.7 | Not Broken + Intimidation & Looks

Dedicated to Shils28 . Thanks dear for all the votes & comments on tapas! <3

Edited on April 2nd, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 1.7.1 - N O T - B R O K E N . . . |

Arnav was right.

This was a thought I roughly had two weeks ago. The crazy, ridiculous, absurd, impossible thought.

And here he was... saying the exact things as if he could read my mind. Logic told me to accept his help and my heart told me I would come to regret it. How was I to bring myself to trust him? I needed a guy I could get along with. Be friends. Him? I just could not imagine it.

I needed... Before I could even finish the thought in my head, I surprised myself by asking, "How can you help?"

His perplexed face turned into a smile. "A step after another. Leave that all to me. All you need to do is focus on doing what I ask you to. Some things might seem absurd but they will help."

I scoffed, "Nothing can be more absurd than me actually accepting your help."

His smirk grew as if in agreement. I ignored how charming it made him out to seem as I asked, "So... what kind of things are we talking about here? I will not have any talking sessions. Don't dare pull any of that therapy shit on me."

He assured, "No, none of that. I'm not much of a talker myself. Wouldn't force you to do something I wouldn't do myself. Besides, I already told you. I won't ask you any questions ever."

I found myself nodding in response but I was careful. He was being too nice about this. "What's the catch?" There has to be one, for a guy like him to offer a girl like me his help. Guys like him don't turn to look at girls like me for a second time.

"That's for another time. For now, we start by being friends." He brushed it off intentionally.

I crossed my arms and interrogate, "I'm supposed to believe your intentions are pure? Just like that? Take your word for it?"

He took a step towards me and my muscles tensed even though he wasn't in my personal bubble. "Yeah, sweet pea. The first step towards trusting me. Now, come on, you're either in this completely or you're not. And if you are, you stop asking questions and stop questioning my methods or my intentions. What do you say?"

I consider it for a second then decide to ditch all my concerns and act impulsively. Here, I have a chance and trust... isn't it a leap of faith anyway? We'll find out soon enough what kind of a guy he is... if I can trust his word or not. If I can trust him or not. If I can't... well, I won't be any worse off than I already am. I don't think that is even possible. Hence, where is the harm in trying?

I did use to believe once... trying is everything even if one doesn't succeed for atleast they can have the satisfaction of knowing they gave their best.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

I nodded, more confidently though I put forth a condition, "But, I will back out any time it gets too much?"

He shook his head, "No, can't do. I already said, you are either in this completely or you are not. Decide now."

I do not like ultimatums and thus it gets the worst of me. "Why does it matter so much to you? You want to help. I am letting you. But, I decide when it ends. I know I am broken but I am not a broken thing which should fascinate you enough for you to want to fix it!"