1.21 + 1.21.5 | False Messages + Back In Time

Dedicated to aashi. I'm not sure if you are on wattpad but thank you for supporting me on tapas! It means much <3

Edited on May 16th, 2018.

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 1. 2 1 : F A L S E - M E S S A G E S . . . |

I received a text message just before I was about to sleep.

Arnav: How are you?

I returned the phone to my side desk deciding to ignore it. Turning off the lights, I slid down in bed. Minutes passed. I turned to my right. Three worded question rummaging through my brain. He could message to ask but not show up?

I turned to my left.

Why do I want him to show up anyway? I'm mad at him. We aren't even friends now.

Again, minutes later, I move to lay on my back.

This is ridiculous. A part of me keeps nagging at me to pick up my phone and answer.

I hate that I give into that nagging and appear weak.

I considered sending many things. I'm okay or what do you care? or none of your business or don't text me. At the end, I figured all of my words sounded salty. I didn't want him thinking he affected me or my moods. So, I settled on one worded answer to not give away anything.

Khushi: Fine.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

I woke up around 9 instead of 6ish seeing today was a Saturday. As per habit, I checked my phone. There was a message from Arnav roughly 9 minutes ago.

Arnav: Did you eat?

Oh, God.

Does he not know that I know he kissed Amanda? Maybe I should tell him so he'll stop messaging.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

Monday morning, Kripa was at her lab and mines was canceled. Riddhima was off to her class too. I checked the fridge but it was empty except for a frozen pizza. I wasn't in the mood of reheating something frozen. I wanted actual food.

I looked through the menus we had in one of the drawers from when we'd order in. None of them appealed to my appetite.

I find some vegetables and placing them on the counter, I eyed them. What am I to make of them? Maybe it's time to learn to cook.

I heard the front door open just then and felt hopeful. "Kripa? Is that you?"

She was my life saver when it came to feeding me.

I heard a familiar voice, though not Kripa's. "No, it's me." Seconds later, Arnav appeared from around the corner towards the kitchen. Seeing me holding the cabbage in one hand and potato in another, he cautiously asked, "Don't tell me you're cooking?"

I glared, "Why, is there a ban on my cooking?"

He laughed. Laughed? Does he not know things are not okay between us? "No, sweet pea, but there should be. I've heard one too many stories of your failed attempts."

I scowled at Kripa for sharing too much with her cousin. "Yeah, well, practice makes perfect." I repeated a common saying in an attempt to save my dignity.

He placed his bag on the dining table and entered the kitchen. "Need help?"

I placed the items on the counter and brushed my hands against each other, "Don't bother. Not hungry anymore."