1.11 | Five People + If It Looks Like A Brownie

Published January 2017 | Edited April 13th, 2018

Dedicated to moonbeautie. So my sister agreed to read Dare as my birthday gift :P I told her she'd have to read it regardless as she's obligated to but still. So, this one's for you sis & thank you for allowing me to drag you to different sites over the last 5 so years & making you create accounts.

| . . . C H AP T E R . . . 1.1 1 . 1 : F I V E - P E O P L E . . . |

Arnav ended up taking a nap on the living room couch after he had taken a shower and had breakfast. He did ask multiple times before deciding to nap if I wanted to go somewhere or do something if I was bored. I kept denying and assured that the novel I had bought the other day on Kindle would be good company atleast till afternoon.

It was raining outside so it made for a humid weather and I couldn't sit outside on the back porch.

Two hours later when I was halfway through the novel, he woke up receiving a phone call.

He sneaked through one eye to check the caller ID before closing them again and putting the phone between the pillow and his ear so he wouldn't have to hold it. "Morning di."

I could only hear the one-sided conversation.

"Yeah...Mhmm, she's still sleeping. Went to sleep around 5." After her response, he chuckled. "I did tell you to join us."

I recall his sister is still in Australia. I imagine she's bored with both he and Kripa here for the weekend. I had no idea how much older she was in age compared to them. I just knew she was the oldest sibling.

The smile left his face and his eyes opened as worry registered over his face. "Lavanya? Is she okay? What happened?"

I stole glances his way trying not to make it obvious. His sudden worry caused me some concern too. And Lavanya, there was that name again.

He sat up running his fingers through his already tousled hair as he listened to his sister for a while. Then he announced, "I'm coming back." He started to stand up but stopped with an argument, "But di..." Again, he was cut off and after listening, he frowned and sat back down. She must have ordered him to not go back. "Fine. Even if she tells you not to tell me, if anything else happens, you better call me... I won't do anything as long as he leaves her alone... yeah, okay. Bye, love you."

At the end of the phone call, he pressed a few buttons before typing with a furious speed. Perhaps, a text message. After it was send, he glanced up and seemed to realize I was in the room in the same place I had been sitting at when he had taken a nap as his eyes slightly widen.

I expected him to say something but instead, he stood up and walked into his room. I don't fail to notice that it was right next to the one I had slept it. The more important fact, he had slipped back into his quiet mode.

I was usually the one between the two of us to walk away into a room and avoid the others' presence.

The reversing role was concerning.

I thought he'd only show this type of worry for his siblings, Anjali and Kripa. Whoever this Lavanya was though, he was quite worried about her and whatever had happened.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

I asked Arnav for his car keys because I wanted to go into town. Why? No reason. I was bored of staying indoors. It had stopped raining. I figured I could explore the town. Instead of giving them to me, he said he would take me. I figured he didn't trust me to drive his car and bring it back in one piece.