2.8 | Calm Before Storm + Dear Fiance

Posted on April 30th, 2017 | Edited on October 16th, 2018

| . . . C H A P T E R - 2.8.1 : C A L M - B E F O R E - S T O R M. . . |

Next morning, while dropping me off at work, Armaan begun once again, "I don't like the idea of you being there alone."

I tried to reason with him, "Armaan, you said we can't let him know we're scared, right? I can't stay in four corners of my room just because he's threatening. I say, this time, he pays for what he's done."

He put his hand on my head feeling proud. "Okay, well, take care. And if anything happens, then please go to Arnav, okay? Regardless of everything he's done, he will keep you safe."

I have yet to understand why Armaan trusts him so much with me. Somewhere, I wonder if it has to do with something he had once said when he'd come to Australia to get me when dad was in the hospital. He'd asked Arnav to look after me and it had told me the two knew each other from before but knowing how Armaan knew a lot of people, I had never specifically asked him where exactly he knew him from because in the past two years, I never wanted to initiate a conversation about Arnav.

I promised to put him at ease, "I will. See you in the evening." I stepped out of the car giving him a quick peck on the cheek and a note to myself that I would have to ask him when I get a chance just how he knows Arnav.

Getting to my desk, I greeted Payal who's desk was next to mine.

She informed, "Hey! Good morning. Before I forget, boss was looking for you." I left my purse on the chair and started walking towards Aman's cabin when Payal corrected, "Not Aman. ASR."

I questioned, "You sure?"

"Yeah. I'm guessing some more changes to the design," she said as she typed on her computer.

I nodded and left, figuring it made sense that that would be the reason he was looking for me in the work space. If it was something personal, he would have texted, right?

After getting up the stairs, I knocked on the door before pushing it in to enter. Lavanya was already there sitting on a chair. "I'll come back later," I started to leave when Arnav stopped me.

"No, come in. I need to talk to you too." He pulled his laptop screen down and started tapping his fingers over it.

Cautious of Lavanya, I walked in and sat on the empty chair next to her.

He glanced at her, "Lavanya?"

She glared at him, "No."

They seemed to have a silent stare down before he announced, "Fine, be that way. But neither of you are leaving this room till this is solved."

I dared to interrupt between the two, "What is solved?"

My question was dismissed as Lavanya warned, "You can't do this."

He stood up pushing the chair back, "Watch me."

I sat there confused as he walked out of the room and then it made sense when he turned the lock from outside, locking two of us in here.

Damn.

It seemed that karma was getting back at me for all the times I have locked Armaan and Riddhima in one room to solve their issues.

I cleared my throat to get her attention, "So... um, what does he want you to say?"

"I'm not going to say it," she remained stubborn.