3.3 | Best For Me

Posted: July 14th, 2017 | Edited: November 19th, 2019

It had been a week since we returned from Rome. I didn't have much work to do, as it was now on the digital creative team to design the layout of the calendar, color scheme, etc. The rest fell on an event planner who would plan the launch party. But, I knew it wouldn't last long. We had heard about a spring collection coming up and I was sure work for that would start soon.

"Sorry that took..." Arnav trailed off entering his office as I turned and he found me seating on his chair.

I smiled and got up, "It's okay. Ready to leave?" My eyes perked up as I waited for an answer. He finally blinked and nodded.

"Uh, yeah." He then slipped his laptop in the bag and zipping it, motioned for me to walk. He followed, pointing out, "You know, if you don't want people gossiping more than they already are, you shouldn't sit on my chair."

I waved it off, coming down the stairs and holding up my hand, showing him the ring on my finger, "See this? It gives me the right to sit anywhere I want in your fashion house." I stopped at one of the stairs for added effect, "Oh wait, unless you don't like people talking about you and me."

He let his thoughts known by reaching for my hand, "Please, I don't let gossips bother me."

I glanced down at our hands when his fingers intertwined with mine. Even though he had held my hand before, this small gesture caused my heart to leap slightly. My lips parted in a silent gasp. Most of our moments had been in private. To think that this was happening in the middle of the stairs where anyone could look up and see us. For some reason, it felt more intimate.

Though I had just said I didn't mind others talking about us, I realized I still needed to get used to it for saying it and acting on it were two different things.

I knew it were true for him. Past was proof. He did not let others' opinion drive his actions. I needed to learn to reach that level of indifference as well.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

As soon as we were home, my main concern was to find food to eat.

Home.

I didn't realize when his place started feeling as home to me, but it definitely made me smile. Maybe it was not because of the place itself, but the person who shared the space with me – Arnav.

I turned on the TV in the living room as I sat down on the couch and ate graham crackers with Nutella. Just as I was about to grab one from a plate I had prepared for myself, someone beat me to it. "They're mine." The little guy spoke.

I gave Aarav a stare down. "Did you get them from the kitchen and spread Nutella on it yourself?" He shook his head with a pout and such a sad look in his eyes. I almost smiled at how adorable he looked shaking his head. "Then I say they're mine."

"You know, I like you."

I squinted my eyes, catching on to what he was doing. He was turning on his charm so I would share my food. And, who was I to resist? "Well then, I guess I would be willing to share my food with you."

He happily plopped down on the couch next to me and the two of us started eating. He pointed out, "You know, if daddy finds us eating on the couch, he wouldn't be very happy."

"And do what? Yelling at people isn't anything new."

"True." When he went on to watching TV, I turned to just see how cute he looked.

He definitely had the good looks of the Raizada gene pool, but more importantly, he has bits and pieces of every single person involved in raising him.