3.4 | His Actions

Posted: July 2017 | Edited: December 11th, 2019

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . . 3 . 4 - H I S - A C T I O N S . . . |

Anjali rushed me off to get ready for the launch party when I had been lazing around in the living room watching TV and eating junk food, also known as sour cream and onion chips.

To get to my room, I had to pass by Arnav's. As I did, I caught him struggling with his tie once again. I shook my head at him, stopping to lean against the door frame. Every morning, di continued to keep it tied for him while he'd take a shower. I had even attempted to teach him twice. Still, he hadn't learnt to do it on his own.

I let my presence known. "You're making me question your intelligence. How did you graduate college? Maybe I should tell di that you aren't fit to run her business."

He glared, turning to face me, "I can do this, thank you very much." He went back to the tie, and I stifled a laughter as I watched him give it one more attempt. I walked in to sit on his bed and watched him struggle a bit more before I offered my help. His response was, "How about you go get ready yourself? And perhaps learn a few make-up tips."

My jaw dropped, even though I knew he was only riling me up. He wasn't actually saying I looked horrible, or needed makeup. Even if he did, I was quite content without it. "Now that's just mean!" Maybe I won't help him anymore with his tie.

"This is me being nice, honey." He cooed, looking away from the mirror. "Now, be a darling and do this for me?" He unknotted the knot he had ended up making on the tie instead of how it was supposed to be.

I glared at him, flabbergasted, for having committed multiple offenses at once. One, calling me sweet names. I let him get by with sweet pea, but honey and darling? Nope, not going to happen. Two, being mean to me. Three, telling me what to do just after he had done the above.

Hmm... Arnav was right that day right before the calendar shoot. I do always point out three things. I got up, starting to walk towards the exit, "You're crazy if you think I will help you after that."

He pouted, as he followed me to my room. "Please?"

Hmm. I should be savoring this moment. One doesn't hear Arnav Singh Raizada say the word 'please' as often.

"Nope." I continued to give him a hard time as I opened up my closet to look for accessories to match the dress di had finished for me. I'm still hung on the fact that instead of returning that sketch to me, Kripa had kept it and then sent it to Anjali as a part of my job application upon graduation.  I had thought she must have wanted Arnav and me to reconcile and sort our differences by putting us in the same environment, but it looks as if she was killing two birds with the same stone.

She nearly didn't get enough credit for how vital she was to mine and Arnav's story... but the next time I see her, I'll have to be sure to let her know.

"Looking for something?" he voiced out, making me realize he was still in the room.

I briefly turned my head to look at him pointedly, "You haven't left?"

Like a true businessman, he started to negotiate, "If I help, you have to help me with this."

I let out a mock laughter, "Never." I haven't reached desperate stage yet. If I can't pick something myself, I still had the option of calling Anjali di.

I returned my attention back to task at hand. On hearing footsteps, I briefly acknowledged Arnav leaving the room. Good. He'd finally figured out that I wasn't going to help him. Now... sure, it's not a big deal, but why keep enabling him? Di already spoiled him by always fixing his tie for him. He never learned. And it's silly because it's such an easy task.