1.2 | Miniscule Detail + One Mere Touch

Dedicated to Sonia <3 Lots of love for all YOUR love :*

Edited on March 15th, 2018.

| . . . C H A P T E R . . . 1.2.1 - M I N I S C U L E - D E T A I L . . . |

Slipping next to Riddhima at the booth in the restaurant, I whisper-scolded. "How could you?"

She answered in remorse, "Sorry, he wouldn't let me go!"

I shake my head in response. Out of everyone present here, she knows everything. She should have argued with him, done anything she had to, to not leave me alone with him.

Amanda spoke up, "Aren't you going to order food?"

"Not hungry," I answered pressing my lips in a polite smile.

I hadn't eaten anything today but I was still not feeling up for eating. My appetite had slowly been killed off and even though I should be starving, I wasn't. Only thing keeping me together was the hot chocolate I had in the morning and then a bag of popcorn somewhere in the afternoon.

I say, boys ruin my appetite. It bothered me to the core how Arnav could pick up on that one minuscule detail about me when he didn't even know me. The message it gave me that he observed me enough to know that scared me a little.

Why?

Unless it was just Riddhima and Kripa, I didn't talk much. To say, the rest of the group didn't know me as well as they knew Kripa and Riddhima. Or better, they didn't know me at all. I kept to myself and I was comfortable with that. I preferred a low profile now. Along the way, the rest assumed I was just a shy introvert and so wouldn't bother me much to join in on the conversations or whatever they did.

Out of extending courtesy, when the whole group was going someplace, they'd let me know. Sometimes I went with them and other times, like today, I was forced to tag along.

My phone rang and I picked it up instantly seeing the caller ID. Just the person I needed to talk to, to make myself feel better. To get me out of today's depression... or the moody state I seem to be in whereby I didn't feel like talking to anyone or doing anything.

I whispered to inform Riddhima, "Armaan," and slide out of the booth to walk outside and talk in privacy. "Amy!"

His chirpy voice made me feel better at once, "Hey doll, how are you?"

"Eh," I answered in one word and I knew it's all he needed to know to understand. "You tell, how are you? And mom and dad?"

"All fine here, though I think dad is a bit worried. Something to do with business I imagine. Nothing out of the ordinary. Why are you just 'eh'? What's wrong?"

"Today's just not my day."

He pressed, "Details."

I whined, "Do I have to."

"Doll." His tone conveyed his seriousness. I had to tell him what was on my mind.

"Fine," I grumbled before trying to put my thoughts in words, "I don't really know though. It's just one of those days, you know? Then there is Kripa's cousin. Just seeing him makes me want to punch somebody."

He laughed softly, "What'd that poor fella ever do to you?"

I gaped at his words, "Poor fella? Hello! You cannot sympathize with the enemy. All he ever does is irritate me." As my brother, by default, he is to be on my side.

He, however, points out the facts I don't want him to, "Doll, if I have listened properly in our conversations, and I have, then the guy barely talks to you."