CHAPTER 2

"What do you think I should do, guys?" Having arrived at work, You Zhengping pestered his underlings nonstop, telling them everything starting from Yu Hua losing his job to this morning's missing good morning kiss, then sadly asking for help.

You Zhengping's number one underling Cen Xiao yawned, taking a bottle of coke from the boxes of drinks piled in the corner. He gave a leisurely burp, then slowly said, "Everything will be fine in a few days when he finds a job."

"Right, right." Underling number two, Shi Yongfu, nodded disinterestedly. "You'll make it all up in bed. Go home tonight and make him give you a good night kiss. It'll be fine."

"Are you my brother or not!" You Zhengping hit the desk in anger. "My life is undergoing an unprecedented crisis!"

The underlings looked simultaneously at Cen Xiao, hinting with their expression that he should placate You Zhengping. Cen Xiao drank the remaining half a bottle of coke. The stimulating taste cleared his head. He dropped the bottle in the trash can, went over to You Zhengping, and said, "Control your strength. Do you remember what happened to the last desk?"

You Zhengping had a boisterous temperament. It had been all right when he'd been single; he hadn't flipped out easily. Since meeting Yu Hua, he'd get worked up almost every day, from Yu Hua cooking for him to Yu Hua's excellent figure to Yu Hua's... Ahem, the rest couldn't be said. In short, at the least stirring, You Zhengping would be unable to control his strength and wreck the table and chairs.

At first Cen Xiao and the others had let You Zhengping have his way. It was normal for a person who was dating to have unstable emotions.

But You Zhengping's emotions had been unstable for three years. He spent each minute and each second in the passionately in love stage. And whether he was flying high or down in the dumps, the people around him still suffered.

He'd wrecked his own desk, Cen Xiao's desk, Shi Yongfu's desk, everyone's desks, the desks brought in from the storeroom, old desks other people didn't want...

"You really can't wreck another one," Cen Xiao said earnestly. "This desk is the one we put together out of the wreckage of the desks you broke before. Our superiors won't let us apply for any more office furniture. Save some!"

"Right, right!" Shi Yongfu was holding a bag of instant noodles and slurping them up. "Boss, look at me, you smashed my stainless steel lunchbox, and now I have to eat instant noodles made in their own packaging. Do I have it easy? Please control yourself. Is this a normal relationship?"

As he spoke, Shi Yongfu inhaled all the broth in the bag and neatly threw his single use chopsticks and the bag into separate trash cans.

You Zhengping looked at him suspiciously. "Don't you make noodles in the bag because you're too lazy to wash your lunchbox?"

"..." Shi Yongfu quickly changed the subject. "That's not important. Let's talk about Yu Hua."

Hearing the name "Yu Hua," You Zhengping forgot about the business of being too lazy to wash a lunchbox. He sighed lengthily. "What do you think, guys, is it because I make too little money and put too much stress on him that he's having an emotional crisis? Does he want to get divorced?"

Cen Xiao, who had drunk coke on an empty stomach, rubbed helplessly at his temples. He never should have gotten involved in You Zhengping's business. In the beginning, he'd only wanted to help his brother get out of his elders' plan to force him to get married. When had it come to this?

About four years ago, when You Zhengping had been only 21, he'd been carefree, living recklessly, challenging his friends to contests in all kinds of extreme sports whenever he had free time, living the life everyone wanted.