CHAPTER 53

Since he had activated his "super hearing" in the Chinese restaurant and coincidentally heard the dialogue between the two new Destroyers, Yu Hua had known that this date would also fall through.

He hadn't thought that there was anything unusual about it. After all, choosing a towel at two out of eight odds, You Zhengping could choose the foot towel. On his first blind date, he had met Yu Hua. He was a Protector, and his husband was the Protectors' mortal enemy. Xiao You's luck had always been bad. It was inevitable for a date to turn into a major battle in the end.

Yu Hua, already used to this, had looked upon the new Destroyers as though they had been condemned to death. But unexpectedly he had received the Destroyers' blessing. As he walked out of the escape room shoulder to shoulder with You Zhengping, wrapped in pink hearts, wearing an undershirt, his expression was vague.

No matter what the new Destroyers' goal was, the final outcome was that they hadn't spoiled their date. Instead, they had provided a better scene for the date. In the escape room's rest area, Yu Hua sat in a chair, right hand slightly curled, forefinger against his chin, deep in thought. Next to him, You Zhengping, sitting in a sprawl, also had his thoughts far away.

You Zhengping held his phone in his hand. The phone had a signal now. He could now report to the organization that he had encountered new Destroyers. That was his duty; he couldn't not report. But...The pink hearts released by the mechanical skeleton seemed to still be fluttering in front of his eyes. You Zhengping's brow furrowed tightly. What were Destroyers like, after all?

Since he was little, everything he had been taught said that Destroyers were bad people. They would bring incalculable damage upon society. Countless Protectors and ordinary people had died at the hands of the Destroyers.

Zhen Li was too weak. He had been captured by You Zhengping entirely without resistance. But the wounds like cigarette burns on his hand had verified the ruthlessness of the Destroyers. Yuan Luori and Destroyer 192 had used practical actions to tell You Zhengping that Destroyers were in fact bad people. They didn't care about human lives.

If not for the fact that other Destroyers would come, if not for the existence of the black-cloaked man, if not for the fact that the Protection Organization needed to use Yuan Luori, Yuan Luori would likely have been secretly executed already.

The current strange situation had only evolved in order to deal with possible future enemies. Even though he had developed some positive feelings towards the cooperative Zhen Li and Yuan Luori, You Zhengping had still been full of enmity towards the Destroyers. But that mechanical skeleton...

As the melancholy husbands were pondering, two people, one beautiful and one tall, walked past in front of them. You Zhengping automatically raised his head, his gaze falling on the tall man. He thought that he didn't know this person, but he also thought that he should know him. 

The phoenix-eyed man next to the tall man was playing with a couple of one yuan coins. He was constantly tossing the coins in the air and catching them in his hand when they fell. While passing by You Zhengping and Yu Hua, the phoenix-eyed man dropped the coins. The pair of two yuan coins fell perfectly, one on You Zhengping's leg, one on Yu Hua's leg.

The moment the coin fell on his leg, You Zhengping's mind became blurred. He suddenly found that he couldn't look directly at the tall and beautiful pair. The mechanical skeleton in the labyrinth, which he was just thinking about, slowly turned into an ancient tomb and an ordinary employee. Some things could be forgotten, but some things couldn't be.

The first time Huan Zixu had changed You Zhengping's "impression," You Zhengping had been entirely off his guard. He had casually taken the gum and been brainwashed by Huan Zixu's ability. This time, You Zhengping had just gone through the labyrinth. He was on the alert, full of wariness towards everyone around him. Though Huan Zixu had dropped the coin on him, You Zhengping was still struggling desperately to refuse to have his "impression" changed.