CHAPTER 46

The still hungover Lian Yufan's head hurt a lot. When he saw the new "public relations director," it hurt even more. He sat right down on the dance practice room's little rest bench and rapped twice on his forehead with his hand.

"Yu Hua told me to come to work. Where is he?" Lian Yufan asked.

"He's negotiating a talent show contract for Yuan Luori. He's gone out of the office," Zhen Li considerately explained for Yu Hua.

"For me?" Yuan Luori pointed at himself. He didn't know that Yu Hua was the black-cloaked man and hated this cold-blooded human resources director. Frowning, he said, "What stupid talent show? I want to study."

Zhen Li didn't try persuading him. When the time came, Yu Hua would have his own way of making Yuan Luori go, anyway. The only difference was whether he went obediently or against his will. Lian Yufan drank a cup of water to revive himself and went up to the little husky. Naturally he didn't know that this husky was Destroyer 192. He only took it for a dog Yu Hua had bought.

"What did Yu Hua buy this thing for?" Lian Yufan poked the little husky's head. The little husky opened its blue eyes wide. Written in its eyes were the words "I don't want to live."

"It must be to attract fans during the livestreams." This was the excuse Zhen Li had thought of for Yu Hua after thinking all last night. 

"Cute animal livestreams are very well-received now, and huskies are particularly successful. Our studio is in its pioneering stage. We have to try everything once."

Lian Yufan said, "But this husky looks like it wants to die. It's all sickly, and it won't eat. How long will it live? Why didn't Yu Hua buy one in better condition?"

Zhen Li knew that it was because Destroyer 192 didn't want to live anymore after becoming a dog that it was refusing food like this, but he didn't say anything. It was far too much of a coincidence for the dog Yu Hua had just bought to be Destroyer 192. It would make Lian Yufan, who had dispelled his misgivings, suspect Yu Hua again. He had to choose to keep silent.

Luckily, Lian Yufan thought of an answer himself. "It must be because the dog is sick and he got it for cheap. Yu Hua is unbearably stingy. He buys everything cheap."

There was still an acrid smell floating through the studio leftover after the decoration. The couple of formaldehyde-absorbing money plants had been bought by Lian Yufan at his own expense when he really couldn't stand it anymore. If not for the fact that everyone here was either a Destroyer or a special ability user with superhuman constitutions that couldn't be harmed by formaldehyde, then Yu Hua's actions would have amounted to slow murder!

Zhen Li didn't want everyone to pay too much attention to the little husky, afraid that its identity as Destroyer 192 would leak out. So he mentioned how much money he had made yesterday. This was the greatest income the studio had had since it had been established. It was worth celebrating.

Since yesterday had been brought up, Lian Yufan said, "Yesterday went well thanks to your clever substitution, eating all the slips of paper and the cardboard box in time. There were so many people on the first floor then. If the slip Destroyer 192 wrote the phone number on had turned into a bomb, all our efforts would have been wasted."

Hearing about the slips of paper, the little husky instantly looked up at Zhen Li with a vicious look. It had originally meant to use the customers at the first floor lottery drawing as hostages, but when it had opened the phone app, it hadn't seen the largest bomb. It turned out that it was this waste of space, who had only gone through four levels, who had spoiled his plan!

The husky got up with difficulty and fiercely began to eat the dog food in the bowl. It wanted revenge, it couldn't starve to death! Pooh, what kind of dog food is this? It tastes so bad! Its senses of smell and taste were very sensitive. A single mouthful, and it could taste that there was meat gone off, illegally recycled cooking oil, and flavorings to cover up the odor of decay, as well as an appetite stimulant...