CHAPTER 97

If you were to describe You Zhengping's life during this period in one phrase, it would be— completely lightless. In the pitch-black surroundings, he didn't even know how much time had passed. He also didn't know where Director Ha and Junjun were. Each time he asked how Director Ha and Junjun were, Yu Hua would say, "They won't die." 

If he kept asking, Yu Hua would impatiently say, "I gave them some elementary school homework and dog food." If he still kept asking, Yu Hua would say, "Do you want to run away from me?"

You Zhengping would say, "It's not that I want to run away from you, I just have work..."

Before he could finish speaking, he would always be cut off by Yu Hua's exercise tempo so he couldn't get out a complete sentence. After all these years of marriage, You Zhengping was just learning that Yu Hua had always been holding back. Only now did he understand how strong Yu Hua was when he held nothing back and went 100% all out.

You Zhengping could sense that the husband in front of him really was his lover. Instinct told You Zhengping that there was no so-called parallel world. Yu Hua was Yu Hua. From beginning to end, his "core" hadn't changed. And-and it wasn't like he was unsatisfied with the intensity and frequency of the exercise. He was just faintly concerned about Yu Hua's current situation, feeling that his "core" was being stifled by some power and couldn't truly unfold.

What had actually happened between level 398 and level 499 to make Yu Hua become like this?Become seemingly brutal and cold, indifferent towards everything, but in reality afraid of loss. You Zhengping was worried that resisting would make Yu Hua fall deeper and deeper. He could only set aside his worry about the real world, be content with his lot and obey Yu Hua's instructions, occasionally trying to indirectly ask some questions about time law.

Yu Hua's answer was, if this was Guan Shaoguang's little time world, then the passage of time in the little world would have no impact on the outside world. If this was time travel caused by You Zhengping's powers, then it was up to You Zhengping's power to determine what time stream he returned to. It had nothing to do with the present flow of time.

In other words, even if You Zhengping spent a thousand years in this world, he could still arrive right after the big battle. When he received this explanation, You Zhengping actually stayed where he was with a clear conscience. Anyway, he and Yu Hua had been in love and married for so long, and they hadn't even had a two-person world honeymoon. There was always someone to disturb their dates, and that Maldives vacation had never happened because of his job. Yu Hua had seemed not to care, but You Zhengping had sensed that he was inwardly resentful. So right now, they—could treat this as a honeymoon!

The only thing You Zhengping was concerned about was whether the honeymoon would run too long. His ordinary person's body couldn't live more than a hundred years. After some decades, he would be old and feeble. But when You Zhengping quietly questioned him about the time law, Yu Hua laughed coldly in the darkness.

This period of being unable to sense time or space lasted for some unknown time. Suddenly, one day, Yu Hua said to You Zhengping, "I have something to take care of. You be good." 

Then the surroundings of the little world changed once more. The pitch-black room turned into a bright, sunny large house. In the next room there was Junjun, biting his pen as he solved a problem and Director Ha next to him, helping him with the answers.

You Zhengping went over to Junjun. Junjun saw him and politely said, "Good morning, Xiao You-gege."

"Good morning. About how many days has it been?" You Zhengping asked.

Junjun picked up his homework notebook, looked at the dates on it, and said, "I've done three days of homework."

Only three days? Why did he feel like it had been three months? You Zhengping checked his body and determined that not much time must have passed. If a very long time had passed, his muscles would have atrophied, and his vision would have worsened. But neither of these phenomena had occurred.