CHAPTER 11

Zhen Li sat in the bathroom hugging his knees. He didn't know where the great master behind the scenes who had rescued him was, and he didn't know when he would appear. So as not to miss any messages, he sat dozing on the floor of the bathroom. After all, he also hadn't slept all night. He was very sleepy now.

His head nodded. In his daze, a field of red appeared before his eyes. Zhen Li quickly opened his eyes and saw that densely crowded little words had appeared in front of him. He squinted. The words were blurry. He couldn't read them clearly.

The mirror that had appeared in front of him this time was only 5 cm in diameter, and the words again seemed to have been written in blood. This person had used some tool to write the words very small. At first Zhen Li would have been able to read the words on the mirror clearly, but once they were written, the blood had flowed down and the handwriting had gradually blurred. In his doze, Zhen Li had missed when the words had been clearest. Now he could only clearly read a few words."

"...go to...wait...wear...shake off...studio...launder...money...time...Sys..." Zhen Li struggled to distinguish the handwriting. "What are all these words? Don't, don't vanish, I haven't understood!"

It seemed that the great master couldn't hear him. Before Zhen Li could understand the writing, the mirror shattered and disappeared. Zhen Li: "..."

Judging from context, he could dimly guess that the great master wanted him to shake off a tail and go to some place to meet the great master, but he hadn't been able to read the place! As for the parts afterward about "studio" and "launder money," Zhen Li didn't understand them at all.

What should he do? Zhen Li clutched his head. He turned in circles around the room. When he had waited another half an hour, a small mirror appeared in front of him. On it was written succinctly: "Noon, go to a crowded mall, eat."

When Zhen Li had just understood the words, the mirror hanging in the air broke again. He thought about it, named the mall where he had shot hoops yesterday, and arranged to meet the great master in the crowded food court. The mall's food court had many different stalls to pick up food and public seating for eating. In a public place like that, two strangers could meet without making anyone suspicious.

Zhen Li went through his wardrobe, found a fiery red ancient-style robe, and put on a wig with an ethereal air. He looked at himself in the mirror, thinking he was really extremely handsome. This wasn't clothing that the System had provided. Zhen Li had equipped it himself. After he had cleared his first world, the System had told him he could use his points to equip one item from the store to carry around with him. This item would accompany him to every world, becoming the basis for him to clear; therefore, he had to choose carefully.

Zhen Li had spent an age picking before choosing a big wardrobe where he could store over ten thousand articles of clothing. He had also equipped many attractive and cheap articles of clothing from the System, stuffed them into the wardrobe, and taken them along to different worlds. These clothes were so cheap, all brand-name, and a 10-point pack could buy over a hundred. It really would have been too much of a loss not to buy them.

Later, when he had been caught the Clearing League, the Clearing League's bad guys had wanted to seize his starting carry-on item. When they'd opened the System and seen that it was a big wardrobe, each one of them had looked at Zhen Li as though looking at an idiot. The starting carry-on item was a great gift from the System, an opportunity that was hard to come by. All levelers would choose a functional item that suited them. And Zhen Li had chosen what? A wardrobe?

Zhen Li dressed in front of the mirror and said, "What about the wardrobe? What's wrong with a wardrobe? Looking good is also an asset. With so much pretty clothing, if I change each day, it's enough to wear for fifty or sixty years."