CHAPTER 117

Huan Zixu truly had no way to comprehend what was going on in Yu Hua's head. Yu Hua could spend millions to buy him an apartment, so why did he have to cling to the two hundred yuan taxi fare? Of course, how could he know that the apartment, the studio's office space, and the commercial apartments were all presents purchased with the System's reward money? Yu Hua had never seen that money as his own. But the two hundred yuan were different. That was money Yu Hua had made with his blood and sweat. He had lost that money because of Huan Zixu's scheme, and no one had reimbursed him for it yet.

"Well, I should be the one to reimburse that money," Director Xiao said with a faint sigh. "After all, it's an economic loss that came out of battle with the Destroyers. It fits the reimbursement requirements."

"Then I'll leave it to you, Director Xiao." Yu Hua passed the receipt to Director Xiao.

That Director Xiao could say this indicated that he understood Yu Hua's intent. Since walking through the door, Yu Hua had been displaying his overwhelming power. All this "using his special abilities to save on electricity," "not having a table at home so he had to bring the studio's conference table," and other seemingly stingy talk was only giving Yu Hua an opportunity to manifest his power.

Yu Hua was telling them that he had enough power to handle complicated matters with ease. On the high end, he could prop up heaven and earth, resist the System's attacks; on the low end, he could cook food and take care of daily trifles.

Director Xiao believed that Yu Hua was exposing the identities of the Destroyers and Protectors one by one to force him to acknowledge the positions of the studio members. Accepting Zhen Li and Yuan Luori, forgiving Director Ha, or reimbursing the taxi fare Yu Hua had spent because of Huan Zixu—all of it was a declaration of position, acceptance of the Destroyers.

When Director Xiao took the receipt, Yu Hua sat beside You Zhengping at last. "Everyone sit down and eat."

Everyone finally picked up their chopsticks. This dinner of Yu Hua's had everything. He had suited practically everyone's tastes. There was even a bowl of specially made dog food in front of Director Ha, and Yuan Luori's parrot also had birdseed.

"You've spent so much time tormenting them, the food's gone cold," You Zhengping said.

You Zhengping was a little nervous. This amounted to his first time introducing his superior and his colleagues to his husband. Making a good meal was a matter of course. Because of everyone coming to terms with each other, the meal had been held up for a long time, causing the food to get cold.

"It's no problem," said Yu Hua.

He lightly tapped the table with his finger. The food on the table instantly became steaming hot. Cen Xiao, who was the most sensitive to fire type power, looked at Director Xiao and quietly said, "He didn't reheat it."

Director Xiao picked up a piece of pork belly and put it in his mouth. He had meant to investigate which ability Yu Hua had used to heat the food, but unexpectedly, Yu Hua's food had been remarkably made. The red braised pork was rich but not greasy. It melted in the mouth. It slid down your throat as soon as it entered your mouth, as though it had grown legs. 

You were swallowing it before you had chewed it twice, and only a lingering taste and somewhat bitten tongue remained. Before, he had only heard You Zhengping constantly bragging to the Protectors about his married life, bragging about Yu Hua's culinary skills. Director Xiao hadn't taken it seriously. 

Now that he had tasted a piece of his favorite red-braised pork, he at last became acquainted with Yu Hua's cooking. No wonder Cen Xiao and the others were always coming here to scrounge food. He hadn't figured out what special ability it was. All right, he would have another piece. Director Xiao reached for the plate of red-braised pork with his chopsticks but found that the plate was already empty.