CHAPTER 74

Lian Yufan, who regarded himself as having matured considerably, didn't argue with You Zhengping. He only calmly said, "Of course I hope that no one will be sacrificed, but that's the probability. At present, 100% of those who assumed the source project's power have died."

Hearing the outcome of the source project, Zhen Li quietly said, "Then-then it would be better to ask the black-cloaked man to step in."

Lian Yufan shook his head. "We won't do that. Collaboration is built on a foundation of equality between two sides, not one side absolutely having the upper hand. That's support, not collaboration. We can't appeal to the black-cloaked man for everything."

You Zhengping added, "If the black-cloaked man could truly eliminate the system, I think he would have done it long ago. He must have had his reasons for staying in this world and handing so many things over to us. Maybe he needs our help, too. We must get stronger. We can't rely on a single person."

"Oh," Zhen Li said dejectedly.

"Currently we can only raise our vigilance. I'll go report this to my superiors and do my best to facilitate the activation of the source project. I'll also submit a request on Zhen Li's behalf. Captain Lian, take Zhen Li to fill out a form, then take him to rest," Director Xiao said.

Everyone dispersed. Lian Yufan helped Zhen Li fill out a request, then took him to a lounge. When Zhen Li walked in, he found that this was where Feng Kui was staying. The Protection Organization must have had its reasons for arranging things like this. They probably hoped that he would tell Feng Kui about what had recently been discovered, and that he would pass along Feng Kui's current situation to Huan Zixu.

Perhaps mixed in with that was wanting to use Zheng Li to influence Feng Kui's thoughts, and in turn use Feng Kui to influence Huan Zixu and thoroughly subdue the two of them. Though the indications hadn't been very clear, so it was up to Zhen Li himself to choose what to do. Zhen Li walked through the door and saw that Feng Kui was drawing something on a piece of paper.

Zhen Li spoke in a friendly manner: "Hello, I'm Zhen Li, I think we've met three times."

One time was among the Clearing League, when Zhen Li had glimpsed Feng Kui from afar. One time was at the studio, though that memory had been overwritten, and Zhen Li only knew that such a thing had taken place without remembering it. The last time was after the two of them had been successfully arrested, and Zhen Li had joined in the interrogation.

Feng Kui didn't answer. He was always quiet. The majority of the time, he let Huan Zixu speak for him, only occasionally expressing his own point of view. Zhen Li didn't feel awkward at not getting an answer. He sat down across from Feng Kui and saw that this lummox was holding a pencil and seriously drawing someone. Zhen Li looked closely; of course it was Huan Zixu.

Zhen Li didn't bother Feng Kui again. He quietly watched him draw. Feng Kui's sturdy fingers wielded the pencil, stroke by stroke carefully portraying Huan Zixu's eyes. When he was finished drawing, he considered, and added a teardrop birthmark at the corner of Huan Zixu's eye.

Because of the addition of this teardrop birthmark, the crafty and beautiful man in the drawing took on a grief-laden appearance. Feng Kui shook his head and quickly used an eraser to get rid of the teardrop birthmark. He fixed a part of the drawing that he had accidentally erased, then nodded at the drawing in satisfaction.

"Did you see today's livestream?" Seeing that teardrop birthmark, Zhen Li had suddenly remembered that there had been a barrage comment during the livestream saying that Lian Yufan's teardrop birthmark would suit Huan Zixu better.

Feng Kui nodded and simply said, "I know—he's very good."

After Yu Hua had removed the energy of his System, Feng Kui's body had completely reverted to its condition during his first world. But at that time, he had already been transformed. His voice was still the metallic mechanical voice, though now it was considerably smoother.