CHAPTER 94

Guan Shaoguang looked coldly at Yu Hua. Everything was proceeding normally according to his memories. Yu Hua released his light ability, instantly depriving the levelers and the mutant beasts on the scene of their vision. Then there was a wide-ranging rain of fire and wind blades. He handily wielded the powerful attacks of both wind and fire.

Soon, under the force of the attacks, there were hardly any mutant beasts who could move normally remaining. Yu Hua would drop a line of "Go ahead and pick your own targets," then leap into the gorge to deal with his own mission target—the abyss level mutant beast.

Yu Hua hadn't given the mutant beasts at the edge of the gorge a beating in order to make it easier for the other levelers to carry out their missions. It was that these mutant beasts had been guarding the gorge, not letting anyone approach the huge abyss beast. In order to complete his own mission, Yu Hua had to clear the field.

At the time, Guan Shaoguang had never thought that Yu Hua could encounter any difficulty. The huge abyss beast had actually been linked to the whole planet. It had wrapped Yu Hua up in silk-like threads like a cocoon and had meant to self-destruct, taking Yu Hua with it.

At the critical juncture, Yu Hua had absorbed the giant abyss beast's power and had leapt up among exploding dust and saltpeter to become a high level holder of natural law power. Yes, ordinary levelers could only attain godhood after passing level 500; but this step was too hard. If you held even a bit of natural law power, the System would regard you as a dangerous article and give you the most difficult missions. Many people died before level 500. Only a small number of people could truly grasp natural law power.

But Yu Hua was lucky. The giant abyss beast whose power he had absorbed had held a fragment of this world's natural. Benefiting from a misfortune, Yu Hua had indirectly obtained natural law power, becoming a god before level 500. After that, he had become an out-and-out tyrant. Everything he did was irresistible. All levelers trembled under his command. He had become more frightening than even the System.

The System still had its rules. The System strictly observed its own rules. But Yu Hua was different. His moods were changeable. You might die at any time at his hand. Back then, Guan Shaoguang had still been a core member of Yu Hua's team, and his best friend, the team's deputy captain. He had counseled Yu Hua many times not to go too far in oppressing the levelers. Everyone already had it very hard under the System's oppression.

But Yu Hua had given Guan Shaoguang a cold glance and said dully, "None of you understand."

His eyes seemed to be beholding an ant. They were ruthless and indifferent. It was only at that moment that Guan Shaoguang had known that Yu Hua was no longer their friend. He stood up on high, looking down upon them with his unfeeling eyes.

"So you're a god? I can do that, too, once I reach level 500." A thought like poison appeared in the minds of the good friends who had faced life and death with Yu Hua. When I reach level 500...

Guan Shaoguang recalled his drifting thoughts. His gaze fell on Yu Hua, who was releasing large-scale attacks to injure the mutant beasts. He had to take advantage of this opportunity. Before the giant abyss beast self-destructed, he would slow Yu Hua's time flow to keep Yu Hua from absorbing the giant abyss beast's energy. This way, everyone would die in the explosion, himself included.

Unless Yu Hua unsealed 100% of his powers. Die, or break his seal. Guan Shaoguang left no other choices. There was no other path. It was best to resolve the battle at level 398, not drag it out to level 500. Even Guan Shaoguang himself didn't want to experience level 500 again. Before that, he had to get rid of that lingering ghost of a stumbling block. Guan Shaoguang's gaze fell on You Zhengping.