CHAPTER 24

Zhen Li turned circles around the office like an ant boiling in a pot. Occasionally he used his long sleeve to wipe his forehead. Today he was dressed in the cool and roomy outer robe of the Wei and Jin Dynasties; the spacious, dark purple robe with its expansive sleeves had a pattern of bamboo leaves embroidered on it, perfectly combining the alluring and the repressive. His anxious look added even more to the aesthetic of a sickly beauty of the period. Sitting in front of the livestream unmoving, he could still attract fans.

The fans were very confused. How could Zhen Li wear such a gay shade of purple and look like such a baffed little hipster? It must have been that his temperament was too stupidly foolish, or else his expression was too anxious.

Next to him was the as-ever unprofessional Yuan Luori in his eternally unchanging form-fitting black clothes, disdainfully watching Zhen Li parading his looks out of the corner of his eye, feeling that his patience had already reached its limit. He was very impatient with Zhen Li's activities; at this rate, how long would it take him to clear?

The livestream fans had already seen it all from Yuan Luori. With these interactions, there was no way to promote a ship; candy shoved down your throat wasn't sweet at all. They weren't buying. After struggling through the daily fixed 10am-12pm livestream, Zhen Li turned off the livestream and sighed lengthily.

He was a newbie who had taken fifteen years to go through four levels, but he had to manage a studio and realize a hundred a million in profits in three years. Not only did his subordinate directors not listen to his orders, they were always threatening his life.

Take this livestream, for example. What internet celebrity livestreamed every morning? Didn't everyone choose traffic-heavy times around eight in the evening? Could you make any money livestreaming in the morning?

But Yu Hua hadn't agreed. He had said that he had to go home in the evening to cook dinner and watch the news. He didn't want to work overtime at the office because of a livestream. Anyway, two people working overtime in the evening was an ambiguous situation; he wouldn't be able to explain himself to Xiao You.

So Zhen Li had been forced to arrange to livestream in the morning. That he was still able to attract fans like this was all thanks to the big wardrobe he had equipped. But despite this, Yu Hua still thought his foundation item was too lowly.

Not only did he get bullied by his subordinates, the World Protection Organization also had its eyes on Zhen Li. It was one thing to be interrogated about Yu Hua and Yuan Luori's identities; Zhen Li had been prepared for that. But what kind of cursed mission was it to make him lure Yuan Luori to the amusement park? How could he get him to agree without raising his defenses?

Tomorrow was the planned date. Zhen Li, caught in the middle, was harassed enough to cry. His IQ wasn't high enough, and most of it was spent on his appearance. How could he think of a way? He had to rely on Yu Hua, who was a master strategist. Since the start of the livestream, Zhen Li had been shooting looks at Yu Hua, hoping that the great master would come up with an idea.

Noticing Zhen Li's roving eyes, the livestream fans had all asked President Zhen whether he really couldn't stand Director Yuan and wanted to switch partners, and that was why he kept making eyes at Director Yu offscreen. Zhen Li was nearly scared to death when he saw the barrage. His gaze froze at once. He was petrified that Yu Hua would dig his eyes out.

There was no one to help him. All Zhen Li could do was keep up an awkward lagging conversation with Yuan Luori after the livestream ended.

"How many worlds have you passed?" Zhen Li asked.

"Thirty-seven."

"That's a lot, amazing," Zhen Li praised lifelessly, but he was thinking, The great master passed 3841 worlds. That's more than a hundred times your number.