CHAPTER 107

You Zhengping woke up to the aroma of breakfast. He looked at his phone. 7:12 AM. Excessive exercise last night, and today he had still woken up according to his biological alarm clock. A Protector's constitution truly was good. Of course, however good it was, it still wasn't as good as that of a certain neglected senior citizen.

You Zhengping looked at the desk calendar spread open on the nightstand. Each page was full of dense writing. All the empty space from before had been filled in. A certain person had spent half the night filling it.

The desk calendar, which had originally been in the study, right now seemed to be saying to You Zhengping, "Hurry up and flip through me," "Hurry up and read my feelings," "How could I possibly tell you myself?" You Zhengping rubbed the corners of his eyes. He had only slept for three hours last night. He was light-headed now. How did a certain person have so much energy? He'd been up half the night filling up his diary, and he could still get up in the morning to cook. He probably hadn't slept all night.

While inwardly You Zhengping was ridiculing a certain person, his hand uncontrollably reached for the desk calendar diary. He'd just...read it like a novel. He had just casually flipped through a few pages, looking this way and that. While he was getting emotional about it, he read the meaning between the lines—can Xiao You spend some more time with me?

You Zhengping rubbed his temples. He was just about to continue flipping through when Yu Hua came to the bedroom door and said, "Time to get up and have breakfast... Why are you going through my diary?"

You Zhengping said, "...can't I read it?"

"Of course not, it's private." Looking full of righteousness, Yu Hua stepped up to take back his desk calendar diary. "And if you do read it, you have to do it when I'm not here. You can't let me know you've read it."

Then he took the desk calendar diary back to the study and put it into a drawer with a lock. He stashed the key to the lock in You Zhengping's pocket. You Zhengping: "..."

Okay, then. When Yu Hua was asleep, he would quietly scan it, print it, and bind it into a book as before, then read it in private. The table was covered with a sumptuous breakfast. There were savory vegetable crêpes, fried rice balls, little wontons, green onion pancakes, pumpkin congee and milk, an assortment of bite-sized pastries, all available to eat.

"I haven't made breakfast in years. I don't know if it'll suit your tastes. You can try a bite of everything. If there's anything you don't like, just give it to me," Yu Hua said.

How could he not like it? It was Yu Hua's homemade food—there was nothing You Zhengping didn't like to eat. He made a clean sweep of all the breakfast foods. Yu Hua, watching him, ate a little more than he usually did.

After breakfast, Yu Hua listened to the morning news while washing the dishes and cleaning the apartment. You Zhengping lounged on the couch digesting. He was once again grateful that he was a Protector and could eat a little extra without getting fat, or else in another couple of years he would be losing his looks young.

"Was breakfast good?" Yu Hua asked while he ironed after cleaning the apartment.

"Delicious!" You Zhengping resolutely jumped off the couch to praise Yu Hua.

"I also thought it was good." Yu Hua smiled faintly. Reservedly, he said, "It's too bad I have to go to work today and can only eat take-out for lunch. The taste is insipid."

You Zhengping blinked. Without being told, he felt the loneliness in Yu Hua's words. He turned his head and watched Yu Hua finish ironing the shirt, then take out one of You Zhengping's shirts and begin to iron.