CHAPTER 4

After meeting Yu Hua, You Zhengping's abilities had become controlled. Going from destroying a whole underground practice field to only smashing a desk was a breakthrough development.

After they were married, the underlings frequently went to You Zhengping's house to scrounge food. In the process, Cen Xiao had understood why You Zhengping had been able to control his abilities after starting the relationship.

Yu Hua had a manner that calmed you down. Whenever Cen Xiao came within two meters of him, he would feel a sense of the calm passage of time. Every underling who had gone to You Zhengping's house to scrounge food had expressed that Yu Hua's cooking really was good. Cen Xiao thought that it wasn't because Yu Hua's cooking was good; it was because he had forged a harbor for You Zhengping to rest in.

Yu Hua would carefully observe what everyone liked to eat, what interests they had, and prepare the most suitable food and most comfortable surroundings for everyone to rest in. They could eat the food they liked best. 

When they were full, they could play around in the living room. Meanwhile, Yu Hua would turn on the TV and listen to the news, followed by the melody of the Fishermen's Song during the weather forecast, as he conscientiously washed the dishes.

Smoothness seeped noiselessly into each of their spirits. Each time they needed to recharge their batteries, they would go to You Zhengping's house to scrounge a meal. One meal later, the next day they'd be brave men once more.

When Yu Hua had lost his job, never mind You Zhengping, even Cen Xiao had thought Yu Hua's company was being unfair. He'd gotten together with some friends to quietly investigate the executive in the hospital, hoping to find evidence that they were scamming their employee. But the injured executive's pretense was too lifelike. If they hadn't known Yu Hua, they nearly would have believed the contents of the medical records.

So now, Cen Xiao was in fact serious about helping You Zhengping think of something.

"What if I say...that I got the money from my dad?" You Zhengping quickly rejected his own idea. "No, my dad was very opposed to it when we got married. Yu Hua promised that he would make me happy. I couldn't get money from my dad."

You Zhengping's father You Guodong was the only one who knew the truth. He was a national serviceman, and You Zhengping's relative. He was entitled to know the secrets of the Protectors. Comrade You Guodong hadn't been opposed to You Zhengping marrying; he'd been opposed to his son concealing the facts about the Protectors from his closest companion. Because of this, even though You Guodong had been the one to make their blind date possible, he had also been the greatest obstruction when they got married.

You Guodong thought that there had to be mutual openness between companions. Marriage meant that they were going to undertake certain responsibilities together. He could conceal the Protectors from anyone, but not from his husband. 

But You Zhengping knew that what Yu Hua wanted was a peaceful life. He wanted to protect Yu Hua's peace and normalcy, so he had stubbornly refused to tell him the truth.

You Zhengping had decided to shoulder a heavy weight going forward to protect Yu Hua's calm passage through time. The father and son's ideas conflicted. They had a big fight. You Guodong publicly announced that he was going to break off relations with You Zhengping. 

It was because Yu Hua had gone again and again to You Guodong to sincerely express that while he was only an "ordinary" person, he would definitely use his practical actions to prove that he could live a "peaceful" life with You Zhengping. This led to You Guodong being unable to hear words like "peaceful" and "ordinary." He thought his son had tricked Yu Hua, a nice young man living an earnest life.