CHAPTER 36

"Don't be scared, Junjun, dad is here." The criminal police captain comforted the child according to Director Xiao's instructions. He wanted to ensure that You and Cen's actions wouldn't be hampered by the child's fear. The little boy Junjun saw his dad on the shore and instantly began to wail loudly. "Dad! Dad!"

"Don't let him move," Director Xiao ordered. "At a time like this, the best thing he can do for the two of them is not to move."

The criminal police captain had weathered the elements, but seeing that his own son had become a hostage, he couldn't keep from trembling all over. His forehead was covered in sweat, but he had to endure his fear and call across the distance to his son, "Junjun, do you remember playing the 'wooden man' game with dad? Dad called '1, 2, 3,' and you closed your eyes and didn't move until I touched you. If you win, I'll take you out for hamburgers, fried chicken, and fries!"

Fortunately the criminal police captain's son was a sturdy child. While he didn't understand, he knew that his dad was prompting him. Crying, Junjun said, "I also want to drink coke."

"Yes, yes, I'll get everything! Don't move, I'm going to count. 1, 2, 3, wooden man!" the criminal police captain called in the steadiest voice he could manage.

The little boy obediently closed his eyes. His tears kept flowing, but he wasn't moving. Seeing that the work of comforting was done, You Zhengping, standing on the shore, jumped up and strode towards the center of the lake over the water.

At this moment, the whole park was encircled by the Protection Organization. The criminal police captain was the only one not aware of the circumstances. He saw the ordinarily sloppy and indolent You Zhengping walking on water like a martial arts master in a TV drama, stepping on the surface of the lake as though it were level ground. His eyes opened wide in shock, but at the same time he felt a sliver of hope.

No matter what kind of people You Zhengping and Cen Xiao were, if they possessed this kind of power, his Junjun would definitely be all right. At the moment You Zhengping stepped out onto the water, the phone Director Xiao was holding rang. This wasn't Director Xiao's phone. It had been left behind at the time of the explosion by the Destroyer who said he had passed 192 levels (provisional form of address Destroyer 192). He had stolen someone's phone and was using it to keep in long-distance contact with the Protection Organization.

The Protection Organization was using high-tech means to locate Destroyer 192, but a phone with the System app on it had strong disruptive abilities. They had no way to locate it. This made the Destroyers secure in the knowledge of their own safety.

Director Xiao picked up the phone, and the altered voice came through the speaker. "Ah, I already gave you a choice, and you still want to save him. Well, don't blame me for being rude."

As he spoke, the little sunshade cap on the boy's head exploded with a bang! You Zhengping, still racing towards the center of the lake, couldn't get there immediately, but he stayed calm. When he had heard the phone ringing, he had already started to act. His spatial ability had gone through many years of training. He could deploy three spaces that could hold a person.

Among them, there was a space that You Zhengping maintained constantly. Inside were hidden heat weapons, high-voltage stun guns, and some different types of energy, which made him into a walking weapons cache who could support his teammates at any time; no matter where or when, he could instantly transition into battle mode. Precisely because of this ability, You Zhengping had to maintain mental steadiness. At the least slip, the energy and weapons stored in the space would be released and harm the surroundings.

Before, You Zhengping had gone through all kinds of extreme sports and special training without being able to control his emotions, and Director Xiao had been prepared to abandon the walking weapons cache plan. Everyone hoped that You Zhengping could control this ability, but if he really couldn't, while they regretted it, they had to put a stop to the plan.