CHAPTER 59

"He left just like that?" Huan Zixu said in astonishment.

The mission target was nothing like he had imagined. He hadn't interrogated him about the Clearing League, hadn't mentioned Zhen Li and Yuan Luori, hadn't looked down haughtily upon him and Feng Kui, hadn't attempted to kill the levelers sent by the System... The black-cloaked man had only taken the energy of their Systems, flicked his sleeves, and left.

"He's always been like this. He was like this when he dealt with Yuan Luori and Destroyer 192, too," Lian Yufan explained placidly to Huan Zixu and Feng Kui while handcuffing them.

As they took more and more Destroyers into custody, Lian Yufan was gradually getting used to it. As long as they didn't cause large scale public damage like Destroyer 192, his attitude would be very mild.

"It shouldn't be like this." Not for nothing was Huan Zixu a leveler with a superior IQ. Faced with such a sudden change, he could still put other things aside and concentrate on considering the black-cloaked man's situation. 

"I've come into contact with him twice. Once was Yuan Luori's voice recording, the other time was the video conference with the bomb freak —your Destroyer 192. I could tell he was an absolute ruler."

The rules he had laid down when dealing with Yuan Luori and his wrath when Destroyer 192 had violated those rules all showed that the black-cloaked man was a person who wouldn't permit others to be disobedient.

"Our analysis is different from yours," Lian Yufan said. "I believe he's a rather good-natured person who hasn't lost himself because of his power and cherishes life."

"What kind of joke is that?" Huan Zixu took a different view from Lian Yufan. "Even though I haven't had much contact with him, I can tell that he's a tyrant with a fierce desire for control.

He won't let anything that falls outside of his expectations happen. If he didn't understand our actions and the Protection Organization's like the palm of his hand, he definitely wouldn't have left so easily!"

Hearing Huan Zixu from the sidelines, You Zhengping couldn't keep his temples from twitching. Cen Xiao was responsible for controlling Feng Kui. Feng Kui was very well-behaved and didn't say much. While Huan Zixu was carrying on his reasonable argument with Lian Yufan, Feng Kui only quietly told Cen Xiao that he wished to be taken to the same place as Huan Zixu.

So Cen Xiao got out a pair of leg cuffs and cuffed Feng Kui's right leg and Huan Zixu's left leg together. Feng Kui looked down at their tied together legs, then gave Cen Xiao a straightforward and unrestrained smile. A second before they were still enemies. Now, because their Systems' energy had been removed, they could interact this harmoniously. The hostile atmosphere had turned friendly.

Cen Xiao had an unprecedented moment of clarity. He saw clearly that their true enemy wasn't the Destroyers or the black-cloaked man; it was the System that had hidden behind everyone all along and existed far out of reach in the remotest place. He sighed and looked out of the corner of his eye at You Zhengping staring blankly in the direction the black-cloaked man had disappeared. He walked over and said in a quiet, stern voice, "What's wrong with you?"

"Oh? Huh?" You Zhengping drew back his train of thought. He didn't understand what Cen Xiao meant.

Cen Xiao had grown up at the training base with You Zhengping since they had been around ten years old. He understood his comrade in arms very well. In countless battles, you could see their tacit understanding. Precisely because he understood him, Cen Xiao was even more worried.

When he had snatched You Zhengping out of the black-cloaked man's arms, he had noticed the look in You Zhengping's eyes. Even though You Zhengping had been doing everything he could to cover it up, his gaze still uncontrollably stuck to the black-cloaked man.