CHAPTER 71

While Yu Hua was haggling with Huan Zixu at the office, You Zhengping had finished patrolling and was discussing dinner plans with Cen Xiao.

"There's no need..." You Zhengping said to Cen Xiao, looking uncomfortable. "Yu Hua and I don't need to be so formal, I can just drop a word."

Cen Xiao was anxious to see an improvement. "What's lacking between lovers is exactly that bit of deliberate formality. Yu Hua likes romance. If you do this, he'll definitely be happy. Since changing jobs, you've often gone out on assignment. You and Yu Hua have been apart too much. You finally got out on a date last Saturday, then you went out on assignment again at night, and you still haven't seen Yu Hua since. If things go on like this, what will happen to your marriage?!"

Actually, we haven't been apart that much. We've seen each other during missions, You Zhengping thought inwardly.

"In married life, it's important to create some nice little surprises from time to time. That's how you make feelings last," advised Cen Xiao, who had never been in a romantic relationship.

"We have a break after our midday patrol today. Take advantage of the afternoon! I'll help you!" Cen Xiao hauled You Zhengping to the produce market and bought a big pile of random ingredients. Carrying the produce, the two of them arrived at the Messrs. Melancholy's home.

That's right, Cen Xiao's supposed nice little surprise for promoting feelings was making You Zhengping come home early and personally cook for Yu Hua. You Zhengping thought of his own cooking skills and thought that this wouldn't be a nice surprise. It would be a shock.

"I'll help you!" Cen Xiao said, pounding his chest. "While my skills aren't up to Yu Hua's, I'm better than you, at least. Anyway, even if we can't make good food, our knife work is still first rate."

In this way, Cen Xiao arrived at You Zhengping's home, brimming with self-confidence. You Zhengping opened the door first. As soon as he came in, he saw that suitcase arranged in the most obvious place in the living room. The suitcase also hadn't been closed fully. A corner of black clothing was hanging out of it.

You Zhengping: "!!!"

His heart stopped for half a beat. He blocked Cen Xiao behind him, not letting his friend walk through the door. "W-w-wait a bit, I'll find you guest slippers, you can't wear your outside shoes indoors. Yu Hua hates dirt, he'll be mad if he sees footprints."

Cen Xiao held two bags of ingredients. A live crayfish had crawled up the plastic bag to his hand and was just pinching him with its pincers. Head dripping with sweat, he said, "No need, I'll just leave my shoes outside and go in wearing socks. Haven't I seen how clean your floor is? Not a speck of dust on it. It won't get my socks dirty. Hurry up, let me come in and put the food down, I can't control this crayfish. It hurts."

He didn't wait for You Zhengping to get slippers. He tossed his shoes outside the door and squeezed into the apartment, going directly to the kitchen. You Zhengping hurriedly walked two steps, walking at Cen Xiao's right, blocking his line of sight so Cen Xiao wouldn't see the suitcase next to them.

Cen Xiao didn't notice anything about the suitcase. He was thinking, You Zhengping's house is a safe place, and we're two Protectors with no one else here. It's just a suitcase in the living room, what is there to worry about?

You Zhengping escorted Cen Xiao all the way to the kitchen, saw him bend down and drop the food, then quietly shifted to the living room. He wanted to put away the extremely obvious suitcase. Their apartment was on an open plan. From the living room to the dining room to the kitchen, it was all open. There were no obstructions. You could see all the way to the living room balcony from the kitchen.