CHAPTER 122

Captain Liu of the criminal police stuck his head in the door and looked at his son earnestly doing problems. He didn't make a sound, but Junjun somehow felt his dad's presence. He put down his pen and looked out the door. Seeing Captain Liu, he immediately stood up and opened his little arms. "Dad!"

"Hey, son!" Captain Liu had to dash into the room and pick up the small, skinny Junjun. "Are you doing your homework?"

"No," Junjun said, shaking his head, "I've already finished my homework. I'm doing the assignment Yu Hua-ge-shu gave me."

"Director Yu from Xiao Ha's studio?" Captain Liu looked at Junjun's exercise book and was dazzled by the symbols in it.

Captain Liu had learned about the existence of the Protectors under unexpected circumstances, but he didn't have the authority to know Yu Hua's identity, and he wasn't entirely aware what sort of people they were at the studio next door. More than that, he didn't know that the husky his son played with was also a special ability user. 

All he knew was that his originally completely ordinary son had played with Xiao Ha over the summer vacation, that he went to the studio to do his homework every day by the Protection Organization's arrangement, and when school started, Junjun, whose grades had been below average in his class, had tested first in his grade on the end of semester exams.

The teacher had arranged for his son to take part in the math olympiad contest. Junjun had returned with first prize. Lately the teacher had been discussing letting Junjun skip a grade and go to a gifted class, saying that it was a waste to keep Junjun in an ordinary class.

Captain Liu's wife had been dreadfully worried about the question of her child's education. She didn't want her child to be a millionaire. She only wanted Junjun to have a healthy, happy childhood. But too much talent would make Junjun not fit in with his contemporaries. On the other hand, if he went to the gifted class and couldn't follow along, then there would be a tragedy.

Neither option looked good. Captain Liu's wife was fretting to death. In front of his wife, Captain Liu put on the appearance of being a stalwart husband who could be depended on for everything, but in reality, he was secretly even more worried than she was. His wife only knew that the child had suddenly become a prodigy. Captain Li also knew that Junjun had become a special ability user, and that on that night of wind and thunder, he had taken part in an action to save the world.

The Protection Organization had quietly gone to Captain Liu and issued a third class merit medal for Junjun, along with a money reward and 80 square meter lodgings. Out of consideration for Junjun still being underage, the money was given to his guardian Captain Liu for now. The organization declared that whether this money was invested or put in a bank for a fixed period, both the capital and any profit or interest would have to go to Junjun himself in the future. Captain Liu wasn't permitted to privately dip into the little hero Liu Junjun's reward.

How did it feel to have a huge sum of money in one's account? Worrying. Extremely worrying. He couldn't tell his wife, and because of the limitations of the confidentiality policy, he couldn't question his son too closely. He wanted to have a heart-to-heart talk with his son, but he couldn't help with the problems if his son asked. Captain Liu, having lost the pleasure of easy success at elementary school math problems, was exceedingly gloomy.

The Protection Organization had also said that from now on there would be no more special ability users. The Protection Organization was being incorporated into the country's security department. If Junjun wanted to join the security department in the future, the doors of all the major schools would be open to him. If Junjun wanted to be an ordinary person, the organization would also respect his choice.