CHAPTER 89

Seeing Rainbow Hair's skill and ease, Yu Hua felt an unwillingness to be bested. To tell the truth, in a situation like this where falling meant dropping into acid, which was certain death, and your special abilities were sealed, anyone would be scared. Fear would make a person's breathing rapid, speed up their energy consumption. 

Under the stimulus of adrenaline, at first they might be able to display more strength than before, but in a game of physical strength where you had to eat at least fifty cookies, move at least 2,500 meters along the cable wires, and go over at least 49 meters of cable wire covered room, the initial rush of energy provoked by fear couldn't hold out that long.

The levelers had undergone ten levels of improvement to their physical strength. Their conditions were good. But they weren't this abnormally strong. Yu Hua was out of breath by the time he ate the fortieth cookie. Meanwhile, Rainbow Hair went around the fiftieth cookie and came up next to Yu Hua to encourage him.

"Go on! There are only a few cookies left, you can do it!" Rainbow Hair's eyes sparkled, full of faith in Yu Hua.

They were opponents. Even when he had made the proposal to Rainbow Hair, Yu Hua had still maintained his caution. In this game, rather than going over 2,500 meters of cable wire to eat the cookies, it would obviously be easier to cross a 49 to 99 meter distance to attack your opponent. The result of eating the cookies might be that both sides would be unable to hold out, and they would both lose. The easier victory lay in disposing of your opponent first.

Yu Hua knew very well that when only one person could survive, a human would choose the means of victory easiest for himself. But if there was a way for both people to survive, as long as a person wasn't too antisocial, they would choose the more difficult means that would nonetheless let both people have a mutual victory.

Perhaps conscience wasn't worth mentioning in the face of death, but its influence on humans wasn't all that small. He had originally wanted to first stabilize his opponent and then, if his opponent agreed, to discuss how they could win. But Rainbow Hair clearly had the ability to win hands down. Instead, he was still willing to wait for Yu Hua's method.

He really is a good-hearted person, Yu Hua thought inwardly. Anyone who has done long-distance running has probably had this sort of feeling. When your strength is exhausted, if there's someone beside you running with you and cheering you on, your strength and speed will increase significantly. This is the strength of fighting shoulder to shoulder.

With Rainbow Hair beside him, Yu Hua smoothly ate the first forty-nine cookies and came to the fiftieth. Rainbow Hair meanwhile hung across from Yu Hua. The one centimeter radius little cookie dangled between the two of them. "My idea is..."

Yu Hua was just about to explain his idea when he saw Rainbow Hair take the cookie between his teeth, then approach him with the cookie in his mouth. Yu Hua instantly understood his intention. That wasn't what he had meant. Rainbow Hair had misunderstood. But now, Rainbow Hair had already started to eat the fiftieth cookie. If he didn't cooperate, he really would lose.

Watching the approaching lips, Yu Hua gently closed his eyes and bit down on the other half of the cookie. There was a sensation of softness. Yu Hua's heart beat like a drum. His senses instantly shut off, and all that remained was the banging of his pulse in his ears and the warmth and softness on his lips.

After a long time, the half a cookie dissolved in his mouth, and Yu Hua opened his eyes amid the sweet taste. He moved back and turned his face away, saying, "What I meant was that we should break the twine or the cable wire with the fiftieth cookie and drop the cookie in the acid. That way, we both would have eaten forty-nine. That would be a tie. Either there would be no way to decide it and we would both get the prize, or we could both lose, and neither of us would get the prize. But either way, we wouldn't have violated the rules, and we wouldn't have fallen into the acid. Both of us could survive."