CHAPTER 15

Surprise! Surprise! Massive Updates ahead! Also I might not update on Saturday and Sunday because I'm gonna use that days for answering my modules~~~~~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In order to avoid suspicion, You Zhengping not only couldn't participate in the investigation, he also had to hand over his nanotech face-changing masks to Lian Yufan's squad. The reason was that they had shown their nanotech mask faces in front of Zhen Li. Rather than wasting new masks, it was better to keep using these masks, equating these faces with the Xuyang District Protectors. It would also help to conceal You Zhengping's squad's identities.

You Zhengping held the box with his mask in both hands. Lian Yufan reached out to take it, but You Zhengping didn't let go. Director Xiao, Cen Xiao, and the others looked at You Zhengping, who was still holding on to the box.

Lian Yufan raised his hands and yanked but felt that his strength couldn't match You Zhengping's. He smiled politely. "Captain You, I'm only temporarily borrowing this mask. When the investigation has ended, the Xuyang District will be your responsibility."

Director Xiao, Cen Xiao, and the others turned to Lian Yufan and nodded. This was right.

You Zhengping clenched his teeth and said, "Yu Hua can't have been replaced. I've been living with him for so many years. You think I couldn't tell whether my partner had become a different person?"

The observers saw You Zhengping's steady look and thought that they ought to trust his judgment. Lian Yufan was different from You Zhengping. You Zhengping did things openly. He liked what he liked, hated what hated. His emotions were very sincere. Lian Yufan, however, was extremely formal and ceremonial in his work. 

He said, "Of course we trust your judgement and instincts as captain, but we need evidence for everything. We can't draw conclusions solely based on your feelings."

The subtext was that You Zhengping might be blinded by his feelings. As everyone was well aware, You Zhengping's feelings really were a problem. He'd even just smashed Director Xiao's desk.

You Zhengping was angry. Were they trying to say that his and Yu Hua's back strength exercises the last few days had been fake? If he couldn't even recognize his own husband at negative distance, then he might as well be dead.

"I'm not opposed to investigating Yu Hua. We can only untie our emotional knots and continue our peaceful life if there's a clear investigation. But I want to investigate for myself. I want to personally prove that Yu Hua is innocent!" You Zhengping secretly strained. The handsome uncle nanotech mask drew closer to him.

Everyone's gazes followed the box with the mask towards You Zhengping.

"You're joking!" Seeing that his strength couldn't compete with You Zhengping's, Lian Yufan furtively tore a corner of the box and used his repairing ability to pull the box towards himself. 

"When you were training at the base, your stamina, ability, reaction speed, and judgment really were all number one, but you failed in your reasoning grades again and again. Each time there was a worldwide Protector competition, your grades fell short of mine. You'll always be second!"

"Oh, so you were the number one cold-blooded bastard who abandoned his teammates every time a crisis approached, who did away with the 'hostages' and 'family members' to kill the 'Destroyers' in the tests along with them!" You Zhengping said in realization. 

"Then I really can't entrust Yu Hua to you!"

You're using your special ability, are you? Do you think I don't have a special ability?! You Zhengping saw Lian Yufan's little trick. He stirred his thoughts, using an invisible space to wrap around the piece of the paper box that Lian Yufan had seized. Lian Yufan's special ability was reduced to one tenth, and the box once again moved towards You Zhengping.