CHAPTER 14

Hi guys, Here's the update for the day~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhen Li didn't notice Yu Hua's increasingly dangerous expression. He went on regardless: "I was originally chosen by the System after I died in a car crash. Each extra day I live is free. Of course I have to live comfortably. It's like the song says, 'A few brief autumns and life is done, don't stop until you've had your fun.'

"I took stock when I finished my first mission. My abilities are average. If I actively leveled up, passed the safe newbie levels, and came to the regular levels, I might die on the first day.

"Counting it up that way, if I could safely live a hundred years in the ten newbie worlds, then I'd be doing better than the average person.

"So I treated each level very seriously, lived happily in each world."

He looked seriously at Yu Hua. Yu Hua had one hand on the desk and was lost in thought, fingertips tap-tap-tapping on the desktop, each tap banging on Zhen Li's heart. This made Zhen Li involuntarily slide into a kneeling position again.

"You're right," Yu Hua said suddenly. "Having a proper understanding of yourself and being willing to assume the consequences, enjoying the journey of life without looking to the outcome—you are wise."

He-he'd been praised! Zhen Li covered his heart, for the first time in a long time remembering the surprise and happiness of getting first prize in a five-thousand meter race in high school and being praised by his homeroom teacher.

So he knelt more precisely, nodding his head repeatedly, saying, "Right, right! I do understand myself pretty well! So, great master, I think you'd better find a way to seal my mouth. The World Protection Organization is still watching me, and I've accidentally found out your true identity. If they use extreme methods to torture me, I won't be able to hold out."

Zhen Li looked up at Yu Hua, face full of sincerity and the words "I'll definitely give you away." Who knew how he had managed to fuse these two meanings so perfectly?

Yu Hua held his right hand with his left, restraining himself from impulsively doing away with the person in front of him. He couldn't hit him; if he hit him, he might die. He couldn't kill him; at the moment, he had only this one chess piece. If he killed him, there would be no one to help him.

Yu Hua was only helping Zhen Li because he had no choice. The System had issued a mission, forcing him to save or kill Zhen Li. The System's goal had probably been to have Yu Hua kill Zhen Li, because Zhen Li really was useless.

Zhen Li had been captured by the World Protection Organization less than half a day after walking out the door, and he had given up the System's mission. If the System hadn't wanted to use the Protectors to kill Yu Hua, Zhen Li would have self-destructed when he'd told them about the big boss hidden in their world.

The System had deliberately let Zhen Li reveal the existence of the big boss and had tempted Yu Hua to kill Zhen Li with the threat of making Yu Hua's identity public within twenty-four hours. If Yu Hua really had snuck into the base that night and assassinated Zhen Li, the World Protection Organization's base would have been alerted. 

They would have sensed danger. All the world's Protectors would have put forth all their efforts to kill Yu Hua. Then, in self-defense, Yu Hua would have been forced despite himself to release the System's energy and unseal his power. Then the System's evident plot would have succeeded.

Therefore, Yu Hua hadn't shown himself prematurely. Instead, he had tried to work out what the Protectors were thinking and secretly lead them to release Zhen Li. He had let the Protection Organization think they hadn't been forced, but had reached this answer through rational discussion.