CHAPTER 81

Yu Hua opened the car window. The three rules written in fresh blood floated out with the wind, blending into the rainy sky. As fast as the speed of thought—that was how fast the power of the rules spread. Everyone in the whole Xuyang District almost instantly felt a force they couldn't describe pressing down on their chests.

Residents near the central park, who were frozen to the point of fainting, felt their bodies gradually warm. The plummeting temperature had no impact on them. When their body temperature recovered, they couldn't resist going out to have a look at the snow floating through the summer day.

Next to the new complex, the workers quickly seeking refuge stopped in their tracks. Workers who had been injured by falling cement leapt up from stretchers or from their coworkers' backs and hopped in place. They looked at their limbs, which had just been dripping with blood. They wiped away the congealing blood on their skin and found that the wounds had disappeared.

On the highway in the outskirts, the passersby who had been injured by car crashes and the clash of two powerful water special ability users were not only healed, they also remained intact even when hit with water under high pressure. Some young people let their safety go to their heads. They raised their phones in the face of the water columns and filmed them. The instant they were hit by the high pressure water column, they were all right, but their phones and clothes were ruined. This startled them into quickly covering up their important bits and retreating into their cars.

Different people had different reactions when faced with this marvel, but one thing was for certain. Everyone felt protected. Why did they dare to go out to look at the snow? Why did they dare to stop amid the collapse of the buildings? Why did they dare to chase the high pressure water columns that were like rocket guns? Because everyone knew—a silent rule had told them all that they would be safe. Yuan Luori was not included among these people.

When Yu Hua unsealed his powers, everything went pitch black in front of Yuan Luori's eyes. Before it had only been dim, different types of power flying through the sky over the Xuyang District with blackness around the block where Yu Hua's off-road car was. Now, for Yuan Luori, the Xuyang District was so dark he couldn't see his hand in front of his face.

He had wanted to creep stealthily to the Protector squad and borrow a sniper rifle. While Yuan Luori's vision was poor, he could see the location of the Destroyer's energy. That was more accurate than ordinary vision. Now he couldn't see. Yuan Luori sighed. Just then, the parrot that had forced the taxi driver to brake suddenly by landing on the taxi and knocked off Yuan Luori's glasses silently landed on his shoulder.

"Weapon! Weapon! Weapon! Take up your weapon!" the parrot said loudly, flapping its wings.

"Are you that parrot I stole in the park?" Yuan Luori said in disbelief.

This parrot was something of a legend among avian kind. It had originally been an ordinary old man's parrot. When the old man died, there had been no one to look after it. It was already ten years old, very intelligent. It had used its beak to open its cage and fly to the park and had been caught by Yuan Luori, who had just arrived in this world and had needed a living creature that could fly and give him a wide range of vision. He had put the parrot into his birdcage and activated the vision link.

Yuan Luori had been thinking of catching a sparrow, but people kept parrots as pets; no one kept sparrows as pets. He had met this parrot that had a personality at just the right time, and the man and parrot had become a partnership from then on. While Yuan Luori had pretended to be an elderly man in the park while in fact being a vagabond, he and the parrot had depended on each other for survival, sneaking food all over the place. The parrot had become quite a bit cleverer from Yuan Luori's training.