CHAPTER 83

In the new complex under construction, Lian Yufan stayed out in the open, attracting Destroyer 217's notice. He used countless pieces of reinforced concrete to block the Destroyer's line of sight and ordered Huan Zixu in strong terms to take Feng Kui, leave the new complex as quickly as possible, and not hold him back any longer.

Feng Kui and Huan Zixu's constitutions were stronger than those of ordinary people. When they were armed, their combat power could be favorably compared to that of special forces, but without any weapons, their impact on the battle would truly be too small.

Destroyer 217 seemed to be very much on his guard against Huan Zixu. He kept pursuing him with attacks. Fortunately, Feng Kui wouldn't stint to sacrifice himself to protect him. Huan Zixu was unharmed, but there was hardly a patch of flesh left on Feng Kui's limbs. If not for his special physique, the initial item that had long ago integrated with his body, and his high pain threshold, he would have died of pain or blood loss by now.

Though Feng Kui's defensive abilities were greater than other people's, at this moment, he could no longer stand up. A portion of his leg bone had been severed by a wind blade. Lian Yufan wanted to repair it for him, but because he was held up dealing with Destroyer 217, he couldn't get to Feng Kui.

"Don't hinder me anymore, go!" Lian Yufan roared.

Right now, leaving him alone to hold up the enemy was the ideal choice. Lian Yufan had never been of a self-sacrificing disposition; he only wanted to keep losses to a minimum. It was always better for one to die than for three to die. This was the simplest possible math problem. Huan Zixu also wasn't about to sacrifice his life for anyone other than Feng Kui. He looked deeply at Lian Yufan, then unhesitatingly hauled Feng Kui up and ran.

Feng Kui was too heavy. The highly dense mental skeleton made Feng Kui five times heavier. People of his build weighed a hundred kilograms, but Feng Kui weighed over five hundred. Huan Zixu couldn't carry him on his back. He could only drag him while desperately fleeing. They moved very slowly. Feng Kui couldn't move his limbs. He stiffly said, "A-Xu, leave me."

"Shut up!" Huan Zixu's tone wasn't at all nice.

"A-Xu—his attacks—you're the target. If you go, I'll be safe." Feng Kui smiled simply, as though he were telling Huan Zixu a joke.

When they had been levelers together, Huan Zixu had discovered that Feng Kui could obtain people's good opinion more easily than he could. That was normal. All people were merely human. No one would like a person who was too clever and scheming. They wouldn't want to be caught in a trap. But everyone liked a simple, upright, and kind-hearted person. Even if the good opinion involved the malicious intent of wanting to trick that person out some money, at least it was still a good opinion.

Whether it was his ability or his scheming, Huan Zixu could always attract hatred. When he had been weak, Huan Zixu had always said to Feng Kui, "Fuck off, you'll be safe away from me."

He was weak and incited people to try to kill him. Feng Kui had no future with him. Feng Kui, like a robot, would always crackle a laugh, ignoring Huan Zixu's rude language, continuing to follow his teammate. After passing one hundred levels, Huan Zixu gradually became powerful. The protector and the protected had switched places. But Feng Kui didn't remember those times.

The words Huan Zixu had always said had now been spoken by Feng Kui, who had already forgotten those conversations. Huan Zixu stopped in his desperate flight from the complex and bent his head to say to Feng Kui, "Don't think about it. I'll die, and I'll make you shoulder the blame!"

Crafty, paranoid, ferocious Huan Zixu... Feng Kui watched a teardrop or a raindrop slide down from the corner of his friend's eye. In his mechanical voice, he stiffly said, "My shoulders are very strong."