CHAPTER 77

Because it would make You Zhengping sad, Yu Hua didn't mention anything concerning the past again. You Zhengping also refused to talk about it as much as possible. The more he knew, the guiltier he would feel towards the Protection Organization. It was better not to ask. He had left the decision of when to reveal his identity up to Yu Hua. When Yu Hua thought it was necessary, he would tell the Protection Organization his identity. Before that, You Zhengping would remain silent.

Of course, if the black-cloaked man did something to harm the world or the Protection Organization, You Zhengping would go to the end with him, dying for love and dying for a cause. These were the only satisfactory outcomes You Zhengping could think of. When the two of them had just started dating, Yu Hua had already spent eleven years living as an ordinary person. 

Of course he had already lost his powers, and there had been nothing to hide. The days had passed smoothly and peacefully. And when then they had met, You Zhengping hadn't experienced actual combat. He didn't have much awareness of his identity as a Protector. The new generation of Protectors had even thought that there would be no more Destroyers, and they were only a group of somewhat stronger than usual young people.

In four years of dating and marriage, they hadn't lied to each other. They had always considered each other, been in tacit understanding on all points. Their feelings were naturally warm. Yu Hua's seal weakening and his power suddenly increasing had been the fuse that set everything off. Not long after his strength had grown and he had started breaking household objects, Zhen Li had appeared, and You Zhengping had encountered a Destroyer for the first time and clearly understood his mission.

From then on, the melancholy husbands had been running counter to each other, each with his own designs, mutually concealing their identities, with no way to have the same silent understanding they had had before. Until now. While everything unspoken, the two of them could face each other, and the atmosphere returned to what it had been at the beginning.

Yu Hua understood You Zhengping's caution, and he understood his husband's position. He kept the tickets for the two-person Maldives luxury trip, not choosing a date to set out because he knew that Captain You Zhengping of the Xuyang District Protectors couldn't leave this place. There was no one to stand in for Captain You. He hoped that there would come a day when they would be able to use those tickets.

Otherwise, the cost of returning the tickets would be too expensive. It would be a waste. After all, Yu Hua knew how to get by. He didn't want to spare the money. The scorching summer passed amid their silent understanding. And during this month and more, the Xuyang District was unexpectedly peaceful.

More Destroyers were discovered in other regions and countries. Because of the lure of the Zhen Li Studio, the motley forces rushed desperately towards the Xuyang District. These people were either untethered and alone in the world, or else they had substituted a dead person and showed a significant change in personality. Adding in that they were trying to get information about the Zhen Li studio in roundabout ways, it couldn't have been simpler to catch them.

The Clearing League's people were often noticed by the Protection Organization while they were still lying low and investigating. They would fall into traps and be captured. They didn't even cause major harm to society.

But unlike Zhen Li and the others, these Destroyers weren't lucky enough. As soon as they were captured by the Protectors, they would immediately self-destruct. Yu Hua didn't even have a chance to absorb the energy of their Systems. These levelers, like headless houseflies, would die without accomplishing anything. When Zhen Li, who had become a reserve Protector, received this news, he stealthily questioning Yu Hua about why such a change would take place.