CHAPTER 54

It was night. In Yuan Luori's legal study livestream, Yuan Luori was sitting on the floor reading, from time to time stroking the head of the dog next to him. The livestream was very quiet. There was only the sound of him turning pages. Director Ha occasionally gave an enormous yawn and licked its nose, resisting Yuan Luori's gesture of petting its head.

The body it had chosen was a dog that had died of canine parvovirus. Destroyer 192 had been willing to spend points to get medicine to heal the body of the rent boy, but it hadn't bothered to heal the body of a dog that it had only planned to temporarily use for less than an hour. It had only given the dog a little energy so it could move.

But Yu Hua had absorbed its System, and it had to stay in this body forever. When it had first become a dog, Director Ha had wanted to die. But death wasn't so easy. Starvation, pain, bloody stools... Facing death was frequently more frightening than death itself.

Because of one instance of bloody stool caused by the parvovirus, Director Ha had been unable to stand it any longer and had used its small amount of remaining spirit energy to heal the disease. Adding in that Lian Yufan had noticed Director Ha's state of health and had taken it to get some shots, it had now basically recovered from the parvovirus.

Because of this illness, Lian Yufan had secretly cursed Yu Hua several times for being a cheapskate and buying a dog that was about to die. He would even take advantage of a dog. He wasn't human. However unsatisfied he was with the human resources director, Lian Yufan still couldn't allow a pitiful little doggy to die like this. He had paid out of his own pocket to get the dog treatment.

When he had taken Director Ha to the vet, the little husky's blue eyes had been full of complicated emotions. If Director Lian had known that it had been the one who had broken his spine... Thinking of this, Director Ha had been unable to resist sticking its tail between its legs.

Lian Yufan had also thrown away the inferior dog food Yu Hua had bought, saying that if they wanted the dog to attract fans, its fur had to be bright. If it ate this type of dog food, its fur would fall out. Between the shots and buying top quality dog food, nutritional paste, probiotics, and other such pet items, Lian Yufan had spent quite a lot of money.

Even so, Director Ha's health still wasn't very good. At only three months old, the dog was shedding severely. These past few days, the environmental maintenance director Yuan Luori had been brought to a state of collapse by sweeping dog hair. However he swept with a broom, he couldn't sweep it all. He had to use a mop with a sponge to wipe it bit by bit. He had to wipe several times a day.

Yuan Luori had put in a request to purchase a vacuum cleaner. He was waiting for Yu Hua to examine and approve it on Monday. Director Ha knew that it was frail. It couldn't grow fur nearly as fast as it shed it. It didn't want to live, but diarrhea was too painful and hunger was too unpleasant. It had to get better and eat. Since it had decided to live on in spite of itself, it had to wait patiently for new levelers to arrive, long for the Clearing League's people to rescue it.

But before it was rescued, Director Ha didn't want to be a bald husky, so it resisted Yuan Luori's habit of petting it while he studied. But...It felt so nice to be petted!  It was a dog's nature to like being stroked and having its fur combed. Although Director Ha was trapped in this body, it still couldn't control this nature.

Sometimes it shook its head to refuse Yuan Luori's petting, using a howl under fifty decibels to protest, and sometimes it involuntarily raised its front paws to pat Yuan Luori's hand as he flipped pages, making him pet it at the same time.

Yuan Luori was an expert at long distance archery. His fingers were long, slender, and powerful. He used just the right strength to pet. The canine nature couldn't resist this sort of touch. Director Ha narrowed its eyes in spite of itself, stretched out its neck, and voluntarily put its chin on Yuan Luori's thigh.