CHAPTER 99

Hearing Yu Hua, "Guan Shaoguang" whispered, "My own thoughts? I don't even know what I'm thinking."

All of his memories were so clear, scene after scene endlessly replaying in his mind. The app in his hand occasionally notified him on his mission progress. If he didn't complete the mission, he would be wiped out. All of his materials were written down in the app, as though this was his whole life.

The Guan Shaoguang in his memories was Yu Hua's friend. The two of them had helped each other pass levels all the way. At the beginning, both Guan Shaoguang and Yu Hua's abilities had been very weak, but Yu Hua's ability had aided his teammates from the start, making them become more powerful. Adding in the fact that he constantly accepted new teammates, his weak period had passed fairly smoothly.

Then Yu Hua had changed bit by bit, and Guan Shaoguang's thoughts had also constantly changed. From beginning to end, he had always trusted and faintly worshipped Yu Hua. He had thought that with such a strong power, having received all of their "allegiance," he should stand up and protect everyone so they could all clear together.

But Yu Hua had not only not helped everyone clear, he had held everyone back. Guan Shaoguang's worship had turned to disappointment, and he suffered from having previously given his 'allegiance.' His power could be taken away by Yu Hua at any time. He didn't dare to act.

The System issuing its Level 500 assignment had torn through his last layer of caution. The System had promised that during this level, it would suppress Yu Hua's 'control' power so they could do battle without any qualms.

Everyone admires the strong, but when they have the opportunity to become strong themselves, they'll choose betrayal without any hesitation. The reasoning was simple. Because Yu Hua didn't conform to their ideals, then they would kill him and replace him, realize their ideals themselves.

Friendship seemed so fragile before power and personal benefit. They had acted in the end, engaged in a hopeless battle with Yu Hua. In the end all five of them had been wiped out. Yu Hua had also been seriously injured.

Guan Shaoguang had thought that after their deaths, Yu Hua would definitely become insufferably arrogant. In the end, he would replace the System and become an even more fearsome being. But 2,410 years later, the Yu Hua that "Guan Shaoguang" had seen was a mediocre married man who would enter the little world in order to rescue an insignificant child and dog, and the dog was a ridiculous Destroyer who had once attacked Yu Hua.

He had used his time ability to see Director Ha's past and had seen an equally autocratic but not cruel Yu Hua. Yu Hua would absorb the Destroyers' System abilities, shatter their delusions, and at the same time use his actions to tell them to atone for their crimes and live well. He would use high pressure policies to force the levelers to submit, but they would quickly get accustomed to the differences between the new world and their original worlds.

Yu Hua never expressed it in words, but he showed the Destroyers with practical actions that the past was already past, in the future, they could still live steady, realistic lives. The clash between the different memories had caused an extremely conflicted emotional state for "Guan Shaoguang." He began to consider. Had the past Guan Shaoguang truly not understood Yu Hua? Had Yu Hua never changed? Did he, a duplicate of a person, still have hope?

The memories implanted in his brain told him to hate Yu Hua, kill Yu Hua; the System's mission told him to make Yu Hua undo his seal at any price. Between the two orders, a third thought had slowly arisen. If the seal was entirely undone and Yu Hua became that powerful, would he be able to eliminate the System? At some point, his mission had changed from being forced by the System to his own will.