CHAPTER 40

Zhen Li's first time getting an invitation to an event, the organizers had offered a good deal of money, much higher than the fee for an ordinary minor internet celebrity. Zhen Li was very excited. He came to the studio at 6 AM to do his makeup in front of the livestream, talking to the early-rising fans watching. 

He said, "I'm going to Xincheng Mall today to do a sales promotion, fans in the Xuyang District can come see."

Yuan Luori, kneeling off to the side wiping the floor with a cleaning rag, looked quietly at Zhen Li when he heard about the Xincheng Mall. "Your event is at the Xincheng Mall?"

"Yes, a very well-known mall in the Xuyang District!" Zhen Li said happily. 

"We've got a bit of fame now, too. Do you want to come with me? While they didn't invite you, you can help me carry my luggage. The mall supplies clothes, but they're a little ugly, so I'm planning to bring my three favorite outfits."

Yuan Luori's gaze fell on the suitcase at Zhen Li's feet. He couldn't resist saying, "Bring some cheap ones."

"How could I do that? The mall is giving me so much money, I have to show good faith. I'm bringing my three favorite outfits." Zhen Li gave Yuan Luori a brilliant smile. He thought it was really wonderful that he had stayed in this world. He was good-looking, had clothes, and could eat a lot, and there were fans who liked him, and a mall spending money to invite him to participate in an activity.

Yuan Luori looked at his stupid smiling face and remembered that the great master clearer had said that this was a confidential operation and he couldn't tell Zhen Li. He guiltily broke out in cold sweat. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with the cleaning rag. 

"Go ahead. Director Yu said that as long as no one is here today, he wants me to fulfill the responsibilities of an environmental maintenance director and polish the floor."

"Huh?" Zhen Li said disappointedly. "If Director Yu ordered it, then there's nothing to do. I did want to take you along. That way, I could split you off a bit of the money from the mall and call it your cut."

Zhen Li thought Yuan Luori was very pitiful. 90% of his income was taken away. He was so poor he couldn't even buy a decent handkerchief and had to wipe his sweat off with a cleaning rag. He'd wanted to share some of the money with him, but Yuan Luori didn't accept his good intentions.

"He has to wipe the floor. I'll go with you today." Yu Hua had heard their dialogue as soon as he walked through the door. 

He continued, "Have you done your makeup? If you're ready, we'll head out."

Then Yu Hua picked up Zhen Li's makeup box and suitcase, scaring Zhen Li into leaping out of his chair. "No, no, I won't trouble you, I'll carry them myself."

Yu Hua had only been going through the motions. Seeing that Zhen Li knew his place, he nodded appreciatively. Seeing the three of them interact, the barrage on the livestream was about to go mad from hilarity:

[This is my first time following a livestream like this. Watch Yuan Luori-xiaogege studying Criminal Law in the middle of the night, get up early and watch President Zhen do his makeup and Director Yuan wipe the floor. Is your studio trying to force your fans into the habit of early rising and diligent study?]

[President Zhen's makeup is very cheap, can't the studio get a better makeup company to sponsor them?]

[So your studio's environmental maintenance director is really a janitor? So what's the public relations director? Does he hand out flyers in the street?]

[I'm not very clear on what environmental maintenance and public relations directors do, but the human resources director is definitely in charge. After all, President Zhen is going to carry his own bags.]