CHAPTER 73

"The power in Zhen Li's brain is the same as the power that protected his 'impressions' from being written over by Huan Zixu." Luo Huai looked at You Zhengping. "Only the power protecting the captain was stronger."

With Zhen Li there, Luo Huai couldn't say You Zhengping's real name. After all, Captain You's husband was still working at Zhen Li's studio.

Everyone looked at You Zhengping. Cen Xiao said, "That day on the roof, the black-cloaked man personally healed the captain when he was injured."

Before the black-cloaked man had appeared on the roof of the mall, everyone had been able to follow the battle through the security cameras. They knew how seriously You Zhengping had been injured. Nearly all of his internal organs has been blasted to pieces by Destroyer 192. His right arm had been broken in more than one place. 

These were wounds that ordinary treatment measures couldn't heal. Apart from Yuan Luori, no one knew how the black-cloaked man healed. Everyone had only seen the outcome of the healing in You Zhengping.

"It's possible that he left behind the mental energy that protected the captain then," Luo Huai said, nodding.

"It seems that the black-cloaked man is preventing us from learning his identity," Director Xiao said. "When someone so powerful is hiding in the shadows, it's hard to let down our guards..."

Lian Yufan thought about it and said, "Director, I've analyzed the data about the black-cloaked man."

Seeing Director Xiao nod faintly, Lian Yufan gave his results. "The first time the black-cloaked man appeared was to deal with Yuan Luori. When he appeared then, he chastised Yuan Luori and used his power to frighten the Clearing League. He also healed the seriously injured Yu Hua."

"The second time, he appeared on the roof. He killed Destroyer 192, who hadn't listened to his warning, and destroyed 192's neckbands. According to our research, Destroyer 192 could change bodies by relying on those neckbands. The black-cloaked man destroying the neckbands prevented 192 from escaping and rescued countless lives that may have been lost because of 192. And during that battle, he also saved me and the captain.

"The third time, with Feng Kai and Huan Zixu, to tell the truth, if he hadn't come, then of the four of us taking part in the operation, at least half would have died, and Feng Kui and Huan Zixu are also unlikely to have survived. He prevented a loss for both sides from occurring."

"There have also been three times that he didn't appear but rendered aid. The first time was when he took the power of Zhen Li's System and ordered Zhen Li to establish the studio, attracting the attention of all the Destroyers, according with our views. The second time was when he made Yuan Luori lure Destroyer 192 to Xincheng Mall. Once again his plans were the identical to ours. Now there's this time. He's told us in advance of our possible future enemies."

"Other incomplete statistics show that since the Zhen Li Studio was established, our colleagues in Protection Organizations in other areas have been able to located seventeen Destroyers solely relying on monitoring inquiries about the Zhen Li Studio. Only those Destroyers weren't as fortunate as the ones in the Xuyang District. They were controlled by the System and either died in battle or self-destructed after being caught. The Protectors of other areas have also suffered twenty-six deaths and thirty-five injuries. Among the injured, twelve will be unable to fight again. There were also dozens of casualties among ordinary people caught in the fray."

"The Xuyang District is at the heart of the battle, but up to now we haven't had any losses. The black-cloaked man's contributions in this cannot go unnoticed." You Zhengping looked at Lian Yufan. All the data presented by this Protector he didn't get along with was actually in favor of the black-cloaked man.