CHAPTER 119

As Director Xiao's order, everyone apart from You Zhengping simultaneously pressed their hands to the installation's input. The ripples on the koi emitted a weird radiance. Because of the fluctuation of the radiance, the black and white koi seemed to be swimming in circles. As the black and white colors fluctuated, everyone felt all of their energy involuntarily pouring towards the koi's black eye. Now, they couldn't have let go even if they had wanted to.

Meanwhile, the radiance lit up in all the world's Protection Organization bases. The light rose into the air. If someone had been in space looking down on earth at that moment, they would have seen countless beams of radiance gathering into an enormous Yin-Yang symbol, wrapping around the world.

Sensing this power, the dark clouds in the sky roiled more violently, as though trying to oppose the gathering of the power. Yu Hua's expression was calm, but from the condition of the dark clouds, it was clear that he was having a hard time holding on.

It wasn't pleasant at all to feel as though your whole body had been sucked dry. Junjun wasn't part of the Protection Organization. A second ago, he had been at home, calmly doing his problems. The next second, he was experiencing this feeling as though even his soul were going to be pulled out. He was a little scared. Just then, a furry paw stepped onto his foot. Junjun looked down. It was Xiao Ha.

Director Ha had one front paw pressing on the absorption installation and one stepping on Junjun's foot. In the reflected light of the koi, the husky's somewhat stupid face seemed unusually spirited, like a lone wolf in the night.

Looking at the dog's paw on his foot, Junjun wasn't scared anymore. Though he was still bewildered, he and Xiao Ha were good friends who had played with a scooter together, had crossed worlds together, had done math problems together. He trusted that Xiao Ha wouldn't hurt him, and he trusted that Xiao Ha could protect him. With Xiao Ha here, he had courage.

Courage arose from the bottom of his heart. Through Junjun's special ability, that mental cohesion was transmitted to each person's heart. Zhen Li looked at Yuan Luori to his left and Cen Xiao to his right. He had a sense that after using his power this time, he would no longer have his big wardrobe and alternate dimension stomach. But that was all right. The world wasn't full of convenient tricks. When you ate, you had to rely on your own body to digest the food, and if you liked clothes, you had to spend money to buy them. The important thing was, the world would still exist.

Yuan Luori stood between Zhen Li and Luo Huai. As his power left, he found his vision becoming better and better. It turned out that what had been impacting his vision all along had been his origin ability. Because he saw too clearly, he instinctively didn't want to see at all. The wish had impacted his eyes through his special ability. That had made him near-sighted and astigmatic.

Yuan Luori's vision was restored, and he could no longer see the awful power of Yu Hua and the System. He was rather glad. As Junjun's power spread, there was a moment when Yuan Luori sensed Luo Huai's happiness beside him. Yuan Luori looked at Luo Huai. He saw the stars on Luo Huai's arms being taken one after another by the koi. As those bits of mental energy vanished, Luo Huai's gloomy expression gradually brightened.

It was Luo Huai's dream to lose his power, to not to be forgotten anymore, and for the memories he kept and couldn't return to their original owners to go to a good resting place. "Let's protect the world together," Luo Huai said quietly.

He watched those bits of mental energy, which had refused to scatter for so long, at last go to rest. He smiled involuntarily. Beside Luo Huai, Lian Yufan watched as a star that was tied to him flowed into the koi. Lian Yufan reached out, wanting to persuade that star to stay. This was different. It was his mother's memory. It contained all the details of his parents' relationship, and his mother's memories of him. If these memories were lost, his mother would never remember him.